Author Topic: I am so excited  (Read 948 times)

village girls

• Wow I cant beleive I am doing this
I am so excited
« on: June 17, 2008, 09:33:18 »
 :o

Hiya i am so excited i have never before been a proper gardener, I have played at growing a few flowers but never sustained the interest. But we moved to a beautiful village in cambridgeshire last november. Just myself and my 2 grandaughters the eldest who is 7 wants us to be self sufficient which i think is a bit ambitious. Anyway i am as usual waffling. We have gone a bit mad with 22 tomato plants all doing brilliantly we also have a tub with runners in, 4 strawberry plants, one pepper plant, 6 sunflowers and 2 pumpkins. This is not in an allotment yet but all in my garden. I am hopin to use half my neighbours garden as an akllotment, he is getting on a bit more than me and he cant do anything with it anymore and its just a brilliant size.
Anyway it is full of weeds so i really need the best advice from you professionals what should i do first apart from the obvious and dig.
:-)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: I am so excited
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 09:44:42 »
hiya, village girls, welcome to the site, sounds like you're self sufficient in tomatoes,at least  ;D
we measured the gound out when we got our plot and put a plan down on paper, worked out what we liked to eat and cleared the land..
when do you take over the land, if it's later in the year, maybe some of the weeds will ahve died off and you can se where you are , anyway, lots of luck, take some photos and enjoy your gardening  :)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 09:52:39 »
Welcome to A4A and to Cambridgeshire ( we moved here in 1972) Due to business commitments and bringing up a large family I was like you only played with gardening. Now you can't keep me out of the garden :). Hope you have great fun, loads of lovely people on A4A who will give you all the advice you will ever need.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 19:57:32 »
Welcome to the madhouse Village girls and good luck.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 20:07:05 »
Hello and welcome from Essex too. Ask anything you like and someone will probably be able to help. Enjoy growing gals!
Smile, it confuses people.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal