Author Topic: 12 month plan, help please...  (Read 1272 times)

PIXIEWITCH

• Not So New ...
12 month plan, help please...
« on: June 22, 2008, 13:56:46 »
hi,
i am working on a project with people with disabilities. we have a veg plot, and i need to write a plan. we really could do with sowing and harvesting some crops each month of the year and i really need some help with planning this. we are based in the north of England. please give me some advice or even better send me some of your tried and tested schemes!! thanks   :-\

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: 12 month plan, help please...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 15:52:21 »
hiya, pixiewitch, welcome to the site  ;D
are you planning fruit, too..have you any undercover space, if you have, there's things you can grow overwinter.
how much space have you got ?

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 13:36:49 »
The planners on this page might help; http://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/Indexes/index.htm

Click on the respective boxes for info!

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 14:11:10 »
yes evenwith my meagre gardening talents last year I managed to have things every month of the year (and in January February you can be doing seedlings under cover!) You can have your Brussels, leeks, cabbages, winter salads through the winter, spring is a bit slow but with seed growing you use up plenty of time! then you will have all your summer crops, squash, tomatoes, lettuce, radishes, beans and through to the autumn a steady stream of potatoes, fruit, peas, beans, cabbage, onions. The list is endless, and some things you can sow several times to space out the harvest.
Good luck, sounds interesting,
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal