Author Topic: petition please sign  (Read 4339 times)

luap

• Not So New ...
petition please sign
« on: April 06, 2009, 08:47:56 »
Dear sir/madam
I am after your help. As you probably know, this country is woefully short of allotments and I have just started a petition online to persuade the government to provide more, see the below address:

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/more-allotments/

I am writing to grovel and ask you if you wouldn't mind making a small mention or Link of it on your homepage or perhaps even in your literature.
People wanting to sign it will find the environmental and social benefits of them listed there so they can decide whether to sign or not.

All people need to do is fill in their name, address, postcode & email and hit submit. They will then be sent an email with a link to confirm their vote (without which they can't sign). Only their name will show up on the website. It only takes a second.

The petition will be available until april 2010, however the more signatures it gets will make it more prominent on the governments website so the sooner the better.

I'd be most grateful if you could help, as will those that may get allotments as a result of this petition. And sorry if you have already recieved this and responded.
Many thanks.
Stuart

PS: Please please pass/forward this to as many people as possible. Thanks again.

PPS: Sorry if you have already recieved this email, I am finding addresses from various internet sources and trying my best not to double send. If you have, please don't think I am being insistant.
2 plots?you greedy sod!!!!

Dragonknight768

Re: petition please sign
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 04:46:47 »
What country are you talking to? I am just a little confused.,

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 09:43:04 »
England and Wales, since the address contains 'number10'. It's a well-known site here, though you just get a bland reply and no action.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 11:55:19 »
England and Wales, since the address contains 'number10'. It's a well-known site here, though you just get a bland reply and no action.

Well, we get action, but the wrong action.  Welcome to A4A Dragonknight  :) :) :)
The Tuscan Beaneater

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 14:07:25 »
I was very happy to sign this a few weeks ago, though the problem is really with local government and I'm not sure what Gordo the Magnificent should do to help.  I think it would be more effective to petition the National Society of Allotment and Leisure Gardeners to pull their finger out and orchestrate a national campaign to encourage local councils to use the powers they already have to provide more sites.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

GRACELAND

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 14:15:54 »
 :) worth a go
i don't belive death is the end

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 20:52:19 »
Ive signed up as im back on a waiting list after moving house (just five years until i can put in my spade!)
x sunloving

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal