Author Topic: Can you believe this ?  (Read 1036 times)

Flunky

• Acre
  • In Sunny Narfook.
Can you believe this ?
« on: May 31, 2008, 10:04:27 »
"I need a Laptop with Windows XP, preferably one that runs quickly.

Would be much appreciated for course I'm doing and my partners new business venture"

Direct quote from my freecycle group. OMG. can you believe it ?

banshee

• Half Acre
  • Watched over by Nya
Re: Can you believe this ?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 13:20:49 »
There's many a cheeky person out there.  :o :)
Little garden plot, tended by faeiries, eaten by snails............

northener

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 13:26:19 »
Only xp surprised they are not after Vista.

Fork

• Hectare
  • Amber valley,Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 13:29:51 »
Yes I can believe it.

Im surprised the group moderator let it through.

Freecycle is becoming a joke.
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 13:42:40 »
They will only get one if someone wants to give them one. :)

If I put something on freecycle I just want to get rid of it and avoid land fill.

I do not care what they do with it.Inf fact if it meant much to me I would sell rather than give away.

Nobody is forced to give people things,I admit it is cheeky to ask for a computer,however lots of us on A4A  ask for a greenhouse and they do not come cheap.

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 13:43:58 »
I agree that freecycle is becoming maddeningly insane  :o

Ishard

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 13:46:03 »
I saw someone asking for any old mobile phones and you know these are going to be cashed in as they are worth a lot. I hate scammers!

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 10:18:58 »
There are loads of requests like that on freecycle & most of them do get the computer they were after, second hand computers are not worth anything.

The last time I was asked to upgrade a load of company computers I had to replace 50 PCs & was given all the old ones (minus the hard drives which had to be securely disposed of to keep their insurance company happy) along with various peripherals. They were all in perfect working order so I just put in second hand hard drives, installed linux, open office etc... added a second hand 17" CRT monitor to each one then asked for £30 each as I needed to clear the space quickly. Almost everyone who bought one complained about the price as I was supplying CRT monitors & they wanted a TFT one so I was getting offers of £15-£20 for PCs which had 3.2Ghz cpu's, 1GB ram, 128mb graphics, DVDRW, & hard drives varying in size from 40GB-250GB.
The last 18 of them were given away on freecycle as I was sick of people trying to haggle over the price which was already ridiculously low.
If space hadn't been an issue then I could of taken my time & broken them up then sold the parts on ebay for considerably more.

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 10:24:34 »
My wife's old company had a social distribution policy for old computers. They notified all the voluntary groups etc in the area and gave them away free.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal