Author Topic: Sweet Potatoes  (Read 750 times)

Lady of the Land

• Half Acre
Sweet Potatoes
« on: May 29, 2008, 16:26:08 »
Can anyone help with how deep to plant. I have received them from T&M today - have phoned them as not in instructions, the person they put me through to is not in the office, although I left a message unsure when I will receive a reply. Some have some roots on some are just stems. I have placed them in water at present but will need to plant up tonight in pots of compost.

The ones that have roots do I just plant up to top of root or deeper. And what about the ones that just have stems.

On the stems of both plants there seem to be small side shoots coming out right up to top of where leaves begin, or this maybe even where side shoots have been removed - it difficult to tell.

I will do a search on here but as I should plant them up soon wanted to put something on here.

Thank you

hopalong

• Hectare
  • East Finchley, North London
Re: Sweet Potatoes
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 17:51:17 »
You need to plant them into deep (6-8cm) pots with just the flush of leaves showing above moist, multi-purpose compost. Keep them in warmth and light for about 3 weeks, on a windowsill or in a conservatory, before planting out - by mid June at latest. They'll need protection from frost and cold winds.  ;)
Keep Calm and Carry On

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal