Author Topic: Black fly on garlic?  (Read 2655 times)

surfpeach

Black fly on garlic?
« on: May 23, 2008, 15:14:35 »
 Hello all,

I am very new to this veg growing etc and was wondering if anyone could help me? I am growing some garlic in pots and it was doing really well until yesterday when I noticed the stems were covered in a black fly, it doesn't seen the same as the black fly I have had on my runners in the past, slightly bigger. Has anyone had this as well and what is best to get rid of it? Many thanks

daileg

• Hectare
Re: Black fly on garlic?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 15:25:20 »
oh and there lies the ? well some might say insectacide some might say asprin diluted in a gallon of water some also could say mild soapy solution others have mentioned nettle tea any of them is your choice myself im trying the asprin and water for this year to see what credibility it has have seen results so far as i havent had any trouble apart from the usual snail slug dammage

surfpeach

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 15:31:18 »
Many thanks for your quick reply, i didn't know you could get black fly on garlic, I will try what you have suggested thanks

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 17:56:55 »
Hmm - curious.  Others would suggest garlic spray but that does not seem to be the likely cure in this case. :-\
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 14:18:03 »
squish the little b*ggers, they ruined our blackcurrant bushes last year, soapy spray works as well but I squash them  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal