Author Topic: A SPECIAL AND PUBLIC THANK-YOU TO CAROLINEJ  (Read 1059 times)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
A SPECIAL AND PUBLIC THANK-YOU TO CAROLINEJ
« on: June 06, 2008, 12:45:27 »
......for her Sunshine Pass the Parcel in Swap Shop....

P'raps some of you have never read the 19 page thread because you've thought it was a pass-the-parcel ONLY (!) which didn't interest you?

Please, I recommend, give it all a read....go on, I promise you, you'll get hooked...and besides, can 369 replies + 7473 viewings ALL be wrong?!!

Synopsis is that CJ, way back, organised a pass-the-parcel seed swap. Fine! BUT.....in the down-time between a parcel arriving for x and then being posted to y, Caroline kept the interest going by posting Daily Jokes.....and they were all crackers (pun deffo intended 8))

Now, after, what? 89 days or somesuch I think?, the parcel has returned to base and the sunshine pass-the-parcel thread has ended -  and even at the end, CJ gave us a fabulous ending.

So....thank you Caroline, thank you SO much.....and my Thursday evenings will never, ever again be the same (until next year?)....

"I am Lishka and  I am a CJ Joke Addict...."

;) ;D :-*

Lishka

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: A SPECIAL AND PUBLIC THANK-YOU TO CAROLINEJ
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 16:26:25 »
agree with all of the above and I'm not looking forward to going 'cold turkey' now, will have to go out and buy a joke book  ;D
thanks for brightening up the dodgy spring weather, caroline  ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 17:45:03 »
and thank you for your thank-you input, Manics 8)  I forgot to mention in my OP a thank-you also to Jeannine who, I believe, had the original idea of a pass-the-parcel thread.....

(can't you just tell I'm a Brummie. Do ****-all but oh! how I love to hog the limelight)

;D ;D ;D

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 23:37:44 »
How lovely to start a special thread for the thank you Lish. Caroline did a stunning job, and kept us all enthralled. Where do you get all your jokes from ;D ;D?

in fact a lot more goes into these PTP's than most of us realise.

So to the organisers of all of them...........big pat on the back and thank you ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D.

I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

barkingdog

• Acre
  • Norfolk
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 16:20:56 »
I'm off to have a read..much better reading than the squabbling that seems to be occurring in other areas!

bd

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 21:00:44 »
Tons of agreement here from me too.  Caroline it was truly superb, sadly I couldn't join in much cos |I don't know any jokes but I rolled about laughing at you and Star. Thank you XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal