Author Topic: ALL ON THE BANDWAGON  (Read 2607 times)

betula

• Hectare
ALL ON THE BANDWAGON
« on: May 23, 2008, 22:25:38 »
Just been watching the news.Could not believe how much MP,s claim for their second home.No wonder they objected to the information being available under the freedom of information act.

What a cheek they spend our money in this way.

Greedy,selfish people >:(

Gazfoz

• Acre
Re: ALL ON THE BANDWAGON
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 22:39:59 »
Yes, the world is full of them!

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 22:47:56 »
I think historically the payments to MPs exist to allow people who are not within commuting distance of Westminster to pay for accommodation while maintaining their family home elsewhere but like everything else it has been abused. I don't know what the solution is. Video conferencing of some sort?

dtw

• Hectare
  • What grows, You decide!
    • Classic & Cheesy TV adverts and other funny stuff
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 22:59:52 »
They should have a secure block of flats near to the house of commons for all MPs to live in when they are in London.

Simple, little scope for fiddling there.

Bryan

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 14:14:37 »
"They should have a secure block of flats near to the house of commons for all MPs to live in when they are in London."

Then blow it up when they are all inside. Controversial i know, but who gave me this idea, the politicians themselves. Full of B******t and false promises. Most are only in it for themselves, like those that become parish councillors so they can have an extension built on their properties.
Don't worry about tomorrow, or yesterday, just think about today.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 14:18:52 »
Hands up. Who voted them in.

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 14:28:59 »
I bet most MP's treat the job as though they were self-employed, and claim every expense and allowance going. You can't blame them in a way for treating the public with contempt. There are probably lots of really good and hardworking Labour MP's who are just going to get the boot because nobody likes Gordon anymore.
i thought it was funny about employing family members as secretaries - well, if we had to employ someone else, we'd probably end up bonking them.........

I bet our MP's fiddles pale into insignificance compared with MEPs

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 22:09:52 »

I cannot tell a lie, it was me. But I was young and foolish, blame it on my parents. And the drugs.

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 22:22:46 »

Not me...

Its all a con, would anyone in any offer job get such an allowance paid for by the tax payers? and even if they would, would they then be allowed to claim for Sky TV and redecorations worth more than they get paid in the first place?

I think there should be a set amount they can claim per year (12 pence sounds about right) and if they go above that amount it should be taken from their wages.

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 23:40:55 »
I did because the right to vote is a hard fought for right but due to the current voting system, I end up voting to keep a party out rather than my preferred choice in.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 18:06:14 »
I did because the right to vote is a hard fought for right but due to the current voting system, I end up voting to keep a party out rather than my preferred choice in.

I know the feeling. I usually vote for the candidate who comes second in the hope that a lot of others will also do so and unseat the present MP. The last Euro election I voted on, I spoilt the paper (so that it counts as a vote, but not for any party). If you don't vote you don't get counted in the total.
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal