Author Topic: Budgie advice needed  (Read 4057 times)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Budgie advice needed
« on: September 02, 2008, 11:25:42 »
Any budgie keepers/experts/breeders/owners/anyone that can help me!

I've got a query about my budgie that I'd like some advice on please :)

decrepit

• Not So New ...
Re: Budgie advice needed
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:56:53 »
I hang around the adorablebudgies.co.uk forum and find lots of advice there.   Perhaps that may be of use to you?

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 12:05:54 »
Samantha, he is old & Knackered, :o ;D ;D ;D ;D :P

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 20:18:02 »
Sam, never knew you had a budgie.  Well why should I?   Whats wrong?  With reading various budgie forums I have picked up a few things.  I visit this site,  they are quite good. http://www.budgerigars.co.uk/forum/   Look under Budgie Health and you may find out what to do.

I have a wee poppet called Twiggy.  She was my late Mums budgie and when Mum died last year I didn't have the heart to re home her.  She has now taken over our house  LOL.  Twiggy Rules OK!!!!

;D ;D

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 00:18:08 »
Thanks for the advice, all (Hmmmm, as for you, mum!!!   >:( >:( ;D)

Carol, we've had Shosty for about three years now.  Lately his vent seems to be getting in a terrible mess and he can't seem to 'shake off' what he's passing.  It's sticking to him and his feathers.  I don't think he's actually blocked up though because he's still eating, drinking, singing & playing (boy, does he ever? lol) I haven't noticed him sleeping any more than usual so I'm hoping he's just got himself in a tiswas down there.  Today my husband picked him up and gave him a bit of a clean with some damp cotton wool and he does look better.  Trouble is, the lazy little so and so won't go in his bath.  We have to spray him every week (with water and feather conditioner) and sometimes he plummets to the bottom of the cage and gets seed shells or grit stuck to him when he's wet (which we clear off again) so perhaps some of that ended up in his feathers?  Tomorrow we will clean him again - and I looked on the forums mentioned and they suggested dabbing a bit of olive oil or vaseline around his vent to stop any further sticking.

Any advice much appreciated.  Thanks again.  Sam

« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 00:20:18 by SavageBlue »

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 20:29:56 »
Hi Sam.  I would do what they said on the Budgieforum.  you get sound advice on there, I am no expert.  As long as he is eating, drinking and still lively thats the main thing.  Look on that site for diet advice though, just in case he is eating something that is making his poos sticky!!

Who will have him while you go on holiday?  I go on holiday for 10 days from the 15th sept and just dread leaving Twiggy alone with just the Niece looking in daily to feed her and keep her company for a wee while. 

Good pic of Shosty though, I like his colouring. 

;)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 23:14:03 »
SAMMY, let that woman up the road look after him  who has 5 cats :o :o :o.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 23:30:44 »
Carol, he's still looking good today after his clean up.  No mess that I can see, phew.  Will give him a once over before we leave on Friday I think.  My sister will be popping in every other day to top up his water and food whilst we're away.  Our son also pops in usually once a day :)  Thanks for your advice :)

As for you, mum ....  >:( >:(  You're going to spend three hours locked in the living room with Monty & A when you next come down!   ;D ;D

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 23:35:01 »
Hahahahaha, was that AFACE & AINSLEY.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal