Author Topic: Mobile phone companies etc  (Read 1487 times)

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
Mobile phone companies etc
« on: May 20, 2008, 16:55:45 »
After a god-awful experience with Orange, I need to change my phone provider or give up using mobiles. Anyone had a good experience with a shop or a provider?
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

Able

• Not So New ...
Re: Mobile phone companies etc
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 17:00:33 »
Dont go through a 3rd party provider (eg carphone warehouse) go straight to company.

I find Vodagone excellent. Always get hold of them and they do what they say they will. Just had brand new phone sent (old one over 12mths old) because they made mistake and this is good will gesture so cant complain.

You can get almost any deal. the tips are, phone late at the end of month (they all have targets) and always say you going to sign with a provider "tomorrow" and have been asked top bring proof of res./ID etc. They will normally do something special. Not been wrong so far.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 17:30:23 »
Orange used to be like that too but they seem to have become greedy. in a recent Which survey Orange and Vodafone came last with Tesco and Virgin coming first,  but none of them was good enough to achieve Which "Best Buy" status.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 20:17:53 »
Last month I bought a Sony Ericson 250i Pay and Go O2 phone from Phones4U. The cost was £29.99 and includes a years warranty that covers accidental damage or having it replaced if stolen.  It even has a camera on it.  I have found the phone very easy to use as most technical things are too complicated for me these days.

I don't use a mobile very often so don't need to have one on a contract.  I am very pleased with my purchase and would recommend this one to anyone who wants a cheap Pay and Go phone.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 20:25:55 »
my virgin one cost 12.00 in asda, only need it in an emergency and the letters are large  ;D

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 21:25:15 »
I have a Nokia N73 on T-Mobile, having had to take it back with a problem I have to say the staff at the T-Mobile shop where great as was the speed of the repair.

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 21:56:34 »
I have been with Vodaphone - they are good, especially with insurance phone replacements.  Now with Orange - they are more rigorous with how they apply their lost, stolen and broken insurance rules but no problems so far.  Orange have had huge staffing problems for the last 18 months and that does tend to reflect in their service, esp PAYG.

Depends what you are looking for.  TMobile is about the cheapest for PAYG rates and currently O2 is the best for contract.  Orange is still the best for business rate, which is why I am still with them.

Deffo go for a web deal, direct with the provider and you will get much more.  NEVER, ever go via a 3 rd party.

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 20:45:08 »
I've been with vodaphone/orange and O2 on contract and I have to say that O2 customer services is second to none, I'm now on payasyougo and they're still just as good.
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

dtw

• Hectare
  • What grows, You decide!
    • Classic & Cheesy TV adverts and other funny stuff
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 23:09:59 »
They are all as bad as each other.
Never trust a sales person, read the small print and don't take out replacement insurance, it's a rip off.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 10:29:35 »
They're all a bunch of shits, IMHO... but if you use it a lot, the O2 online tariffs are superb value. I get about a thousand minutes a month for £35, I think...

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 23:36:16 »
We changed from Vodaphone pay as you go to 3, £15 a month with 300 minutes to any other mobile or landline and 300 minutes to another 3 mobile.

We are very pleased with our tariff, we couldn't use any more minutes so it suits us very well
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal