Author Topic: Cuttings  (Read 5308 times)

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
Re:Cuttings
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2004, 10:44:37 »
 :D Hi Plocket and Spurdie, yes Spurdie we must buy the same mag, AG? they were okay but like you can't get the others to do it, I'm going to have a go at layering, I have tried it before but again no luck. I think I'm going to have to dig a hole and fill it with compost before I layer the stem down, its probably the clay soil, won't let the roots go down. maybe if I do it now by next spring it might work. Nothing to lose, so I'll go for it. Thanks folks.
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

William O

• Half Acre
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2004, 10:48:47 »
Hi Val

For layering it's also good to strip a bit of bark af the twig youre layering (may be a bit flimsy with clematis) and ad a bit of rooting hormone to the wound. And dig a shallow hole for layering with a bit of compost and pin down and cover.

William
Happy Gardening

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2004, 11:11:30 »
 :) Hi Wills, hmm think that might be a tricky with clematis, their stems are so flimsy, but I'll try it with other shrubs. Have you seen the dragon fly thread? Eileen went to Holland saw loads of them, very pretty, I expect you get them your way? 8)
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

William O

• Half Acre
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2004, 11:17:27 »
Haven't seen the thread yet, but yesterday evening i spotted over five dragonflies zig zagging though our back garden. Never seen that many at once before.
Happy Gardening

Yuet_Lee

• Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2004, 17:44:33 »
Hi all
dahlias you can pulled a little side shoot right from the bottom.Put it in pot just cover with a cut pastic bottle then couple week it'll root. I did a lot of that. And now I just been trying the Brugmansic -the flower like a big trumpet.All little three branches just come up with root now. I feel great because I nearly killed that plant in April after I just that. I put it outside when the weather getting a bit warm but not warm enough all the leaves drop only left a tiny little stem I thought my £5 had goneto bin. Now it grow to 5 foot tall with a few a buds.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 22:18:09 by yuetlee »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal