Author Topic: WOULDEN`T IT  (Read 4837 times)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
WOULDEN`T IT
« on: May 22, 2008, 15:20:24 »
be nice of peeps to say they have recieved the requested pkt of seeds or the plant & a thank you.!!!!!!!!! ::) ::)

debster

• Hectare
Re: WOULDEN`T IT
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 22:34:59 »
i must say that most people i have sent to have done this wither by way of the thread or pm  :)

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 22:35:45 »
I always make a point of PM-ing the donor to say thank you when seeds arrive.

Tricia

springbok

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 22:44:48 »
Me too :)

Appreciate everyone's kindness and PM then again when they have germinated etc.

:D

floraldi

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 17:59:23 »
My memory has been letting me down lately (Doc laughed when I mentioned the dreaded Altz....) and I forgot to thank the lady who sent me some seeds last.....but not sure.  Turned out I hadn't. It's so embarrassing.
I love the seed swap but this is one of the reasons I am a little reticent.
Right now my garden is full of the Welsh Poppy and it is such a cheery plant. I was thinking of offering seeds but I'll wait until there are more mature ones ready.  You probably all have it anyway!

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 18:55:57 »
No some of us haven`t Floraldi ;D ;D ;D.

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 20:47:50 »
I must say everyone I have sent seeds to have pm'd to say thanks  :), and I do reciprocate if I am the receiveee. But there is always that nagging thought at the back of your mind that you may have missed someone  ???

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 23:31:57 »
It can be very easy to forget, if I have sent seeds out and dont hear anything I pm the person to see if they arrived. Sometimes if someone hasn't recieved them it might feel rude to ask where they are.

Just a thought.

Like Suzanne, I am always worried that I have said thank you. Specially if there is a lot going on with swaps and envelopes as well as family life, work etc.
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 23:58:55 »
I'm with Rosebud on this.  There are two items I have sent out recently that I do not know whether they have been received or not.

Commom courtesy would dictate that you thank the sender, whether or not you considered the contents of the package to be particularly brilliant.  At least the sender had taken the time and trouble to package and send the item.

valmarg

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 00:40:49 »
If I send something out and don't hear back I always PM to ask, and here's a good example of why - I sent some sweetcorn out on 15th May, didn't hear back so PMd tonight only to find they'd never arrived. Fortunately there's still time to sow sweetcorn so I'll be sending out some more tomorrow. But a swift PM can avoid the embarrassing situation of the sender assuming all is well and the poor (non) recipient feeling let down.

Rosebud, why don't you just contact the person?
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 08:37:42 »
if it's me, I apologise, got a new computer, the other one died and I lost all my data, to everyone I've swapped with, thank you  ;D

Magnolia

• Half Acre
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 09:53:50 »
Someone sent me some chilli seeds a couple of months ago without a note - didnt have a clue who they were from.  Nice surprise tho.

Clare Cooper

• Not So New ...
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 09:39:24 »
I always reply, although I have done it a bit late a few times - the trouble with having 3 kiddies!!  They take up so much time and before you know it a week has passed!  If I have ever forgotten to say thanks it has never been intentional, just an accident.  Thanks to everyone I have received seeds from this year, the greenhouse and garden are looking great.  Have got me worrying now.

floraldi

• Half Acre
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 17:46:32 »
No some of us haven`t Floraldi ;D ;D ;D.

When there are some Welsh poppy seeds ready I will contact you Rosebud.
They really do spread around and come in two shades of yellow. I keep looking but there are no ripe seed pods yet. Until later....

Di

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 20:32:18 »
Thank you very much Floraldi ;D ;D

Flunky

• Acre
  • In Sunny Narfook.
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 20:34:09 »
I have loads of spare seeds, some stuff i will never grow. How does seed swap work please ?

F.

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 21:24:53 »
Well, I presume the seed you have is packeted seed that you have bought, and are not going to bother growing.

The other option is people who have plants in their gardens that people would like to grow.  In which case the gardener is happy to collect seeds and post them to whoever wants to grow them.

Either way, you pm the poster, giving your home address so that the seeds can be sent to you.

valmarg

loopyloulou

• Acre
  • oh my... thats a LOT of couch grass....
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 20:20:37 »
well id like 2 say thankyou again to people who have sent me stuff, namely weed digga goodlife and shirltone as the stuff ive been sent some of its growing!! various beans leeks raddish spring onions n the like, and lol, courgette one ball, am late starting it off, took me ages 2 get the joke tho!!!doh! lol tee hee lol some more  ;D the kids were sooo happy to get seed parcels and are enjoying watching things grow, also thanx to si who gave me the spuds (he n shirltone r from my lotty) theyre starting to peek thru (was v late planting i kno!) but its all a learning curve, oh and the tom mats and pepper mats were fab! kids loved helping with those and theyve done really well, nurserys had a number of tommys and all bar 1 has been lovingly killed by desperate gardeners... theyve started some bean seeds off to which got very straggly in theyre jar n paper arangement, hopefully now theyve got a proper pot, lol, but they got planted in a variety of places before they got moved, lol, but yes hoooooge thankyou ton everyone really for seeds and books (shirl) and any advice given really xx couldntve done what weve done so far without you guys! and thanx for introducing me to lidle... am now eagerly awaiting the wilkos sale as 3 for 2 still isnt cheap enough for me... nor woolies bogoffs and reduced cos theyre dead plants...
i think i like it here :D now who can tell me how to grow my own chocolate???

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 09:35:10 »
I've only done a couple of swaps and they have been with lovely people.

However..............., someone PM'd me to ask for information I'd posted about.  I dug the info out, typed it up as a PM and sent it.  Nothing.  I sent another pm asking if they'd got it.  Nothing.  One more pm.  Nothing.  The person is posting.  Sorry, but that's just plain rude.

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2008, 14:45:56 »
I sent someone four tickets to a local theme park several weeks ago.  To date I've not had an acknowledgment, let alone been told they arrived.  It's a bit disappointing when you post roughly 100 pound's  worth of goods not to know whether they have arrived or not. :( :(

valmarg

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal