Author Topic: Courgette to Marrow in no time..  (Read 1850 times)

adamhill100

• Half Acre
Courgette to Marrow in no time..
« on: July 28, 2004, 08:52:58 »
I went to the allotment last night with the intention of pulling a couple of courgettes which I saw growning nicely last week...Where had they gone??  In their place was these huge things that looked like Marrows...THEY WAS. I think I have learnt a valuable lesson here..

alit

• Quarter Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re:Courgette to Marrow in no time..
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 10:11:44 »
Yes, you have to keep picking.  I always have so many (from 4 plants) that I now don't wait for them to get "a little bit bigger"  Think of it in cost terms.  The small, baby veg cost a fortune in the shops, so pick when smaller and have what they call "finest veg" except yours is "finest organic". ;)

Debs

• Hectare
  • If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 06:42:07 »
Jealous...that's what I am !!

I sowed 4 plants and the heavy persistent N/East rain turned all of them to mush.

:'(   :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

Debs

alit

• Quarter Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 13:30:16 »
oh no Debs, thats a shame!  Next year, keep them in pots a bit longer, even if you have to repot, so that they are a bit bigger and stronger before you plant them out.  I have grown yellow courgettes for the past 2 years and they have been very prolific, may be they would be tougher.  Worth a try.
Alit :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal