Author Topic: Sweet peas  (Read 1619 times)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Sweet peas
« on: May 18, 2008, 19:10:00 »
can't remember who sent the seeds but thank you, first flowers  ;D[attachment=2]

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
Re: Sweet peas
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 19:33:59 »
They are lovely Manics. Mine are struggling to open with the cold weather this week. Its really worth having a poly, everything is so much earlier.
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 19:42:19 »
Curse, spit,  swear...  ;D

thespade08

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 20:29:44 »
wonderful manics,mine are outside and only about 6" high.
I came,isaw,I ran

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 20:32:06 »
Curse, spit,  swear...  ;D

Did you stub your toe?? ;D ;D ;D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 20:38:52 »
Mine aren't even six inches. Swear! swear! I'll be planting in October this time.

loopyloulou

• Acre
  • oh my... thats a LOT of couch grass....
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 20:56:52 »
sob! mine are being munched by the slug army but have grown bigger than last yrs got, so im going to be cheeky now, having sown all the seeds i had is it at all possible to beg some seeds from you??? those are goooorgeous!!! i will sow in october i promise :) pwease pwease pwease!!!!! mwa! luv u!!  ;D
else could u tell me the name on the packet, and how you grew them step by step, (im hoping theres no polytunnel involved else i need to start getting creative with bags n twigs n hope 4 the best)  thankyou! lou xx
i think i like it here :D now who can tell me how to grow my own chocolate???

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 21:18:38 »
if I get any seed, they'll be put on here in autumn, you can all fight over them, I think it was either florald or flowerlady who sent them, a swap for strawberry runners..the second and third are called elegant ladies, can't remember the name of the first, spectacular colour..
started in autumn, planted in rootrainers, sorry, in the poly overwinter..transplanted into buckets in february, been outside since march.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 08:37:00 »
The one on the left looks like Matucana, the one on the right like Painted Lady, but I could be wrong.

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 13:40:18 »
matucan is the other one, Robert, had a look this morning, beautifully scented, all of them  ;D

loopyloulou

• Acre
  • oh my... thats a LOT of couch grass....
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 21:35:09 »
they are gorgeous! and will definately be out fighting lol! dont think ive seen those varietys in lidls or the 99p shop or woolies, lol, as u can tell, seriously limited! id be dangerous with a seed catalouge and a blank signed cheque :) the few ive got are still tiny but slowly climbing, i check them daily like a nutcase, my babies will flower they will they willl..... did u feed those ones? if so what do thye like? if out of all my flowers the only thing to grow this yr is sweet peas ill be a happy lamb, so many fond memories of sweet peas.... n thanx 4 telling me the names will write those down xx
i think i like it here :D now who can tell me how to grow my own chocolate???

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 21:37:50 »
we have them growing in black buckets, bit of polystyrene in the bottom for drainage, potting compost with some chicken pellets mixed in..apart from that, nothing, oh, they have 3 canes pushed in around the edges  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal