Author Topic: Runner beans  (Read 1203 times)

bridgehouse

• Acre
Runner beans
« on: May 19, 2008, 09:33:01 »

Hello everyone.
My runner beans [scarlet emperor] are pushing me out of the greenhouse, would it be safe to plant them out now on the allotment.

Bridgehouse

daileg

• Hectare
Re: Runner beans
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 09:38:23 »
depending where you are mine are out im in south wales cover them around the poles in clingfilm be carefull not to break the growing tips protecting them from the wind till it warm up properly // so plant inside your poles and then wrap around the outside of the poles or put additional poles around the corners of your main set 

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 09:48:33 »

Hello Daileg.
Thanks for the tips, I live in the Midlands, on the Warwickshire side. I have a sister who lives in Wales [Llandillo[think thats right. and she grows beautiful veg etc so the soil in Wales must be good,  thanks .
    Bridgehouse [June]

daileg

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 09:53:57 »
the site im on im very lucky good loam basd soil like my apple crumble ha ha lol yes my lpot used to belong to a champoin carrot winner he used to gro carrots some twelve inch im told never seen one my self but i will let you know soon enough. well good luck what else you got growing in your greenhouse then

growmore

• Hectare
  • Practice Beats Theory. Don Valley South Yorks
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 10:18:22 »
Let them push you out of the greenhouse for another week or more ..Then when you plant em out you shouldn't have to worry about protecting them   :)
Cheers .. Jim

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 16:45:37 »

Thanks for advice ,I have just tomatoes and seedlings growing in the greenhouse at the moment.
          Bridgehouse.

Vortex

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 21:22:14 »
I put most of my first batch of bean out 2 weeks ago. An assortment in various place of 10 Daniels Defiant, 30 enorma derivatives (home saved seed year on year for the last 3), and 10 scarlet emperor. I put the Painted Lady out at the weekend. The rest are at least 10 days away from being large enough to go out.
Also put out 60 french beans.
All seem to be ok at the moment. We'll see how tonight goes.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal