Author Topic: Bloody Coppers  (Read 13223 times)

Old bird

• Hectare
Re: Bloody Coppers
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2008, 11:21:20 »
In my previous posts I didn't mean to ignore the armed forces.  All credit to them - they are doing a job for us brits that they shouldn't be doing and are getting killed and maimed for their trouble!  Absolute credit to them all!

I was more talking about this country where the current trend is to moan about the police and the fact that they are sitting targets for malicious gossiping among various people.

They get slagged off as Valmarg is saying because they didn't protect a young girl who was being stalked by her ex who ended up killing her.  What should the police done for her 24 hour protection.  Should they have imprisoned the boyfriend? For what offence - calling her, writing letters to her, Obviously there are some nutters like this guy - but we can't lock up every nutter in case they do something bad!!

Mr Smith - there should be a few more of you around -  sort the problem as we used to in "the old days" and I for one would be happy to live without street lights!!

Ktlawson - yes many others people get damaged doing their jobs - but they are not "targetted to be attacked" by the general public!

Ollie I hope your trial goes well - you have learned a lesson the hard way!  All I can say on that one as you obviously regret your involvement however it happened.

KT the priority for police services is to protect lives - not possessions - if they were called by this silly lady saying she was being attacked - they did turn up in numbers - proving the point that they are there for important stuff.  Whilst they were dealing with this ridiculous woman - someone else out there would not have got help because she had tied up the police, putting other peoples lives potentially in danger  turning out to a false alarm of personal attack - I hope she has been convicted of wasting police time!  How silly of her - I hope she isnt really being attacked next time she needs to call the police and they take it that she is a time waster who may have lost a few of her possessions!

Traffic offences - if you are speeding, driving while on mobile phone, no seat belts etc.  if you are doing these things and get caught then the idea is you need to put your hands up and say OK I did it - so I now pay the fine.  What is the problem with that.  Break the law - you pay! There is a choice you know! It is not the policeman's fault that you can't behave within the law!

Anyway enough of a rant!

Old Bird

:o

silly billy

• Acre
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2008, 11:37:19 »
I understand your opinion and its one to which you are entitled to. It annoys me to think that people believe that striking is taken lightly when it wasn't. Whilst you are right to say we signed up for the conditions at the time as I stated our role has changed completely now so the pay structure should also change. Thats the last words I shall type on the matter.

No drinking competiton for me i'm teetotal but maybe for Ollies sake we can manage the man hugs  ;D ;D
My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in. Bill Shankly.

Lacelotte

• Half Acre
  • Livin', lovin', lovin' livin' it's all good!
    • Britons Against The 'Church' of $cientology
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2008, 11:46:20 »
No drinking competiton for me i'm teetotal but maybe for Ollies sake we can manage the man hugs  ;D ;D

Only if you wear your uniform  ;) ;D ;D

Flunky

• Acre
  • In Sunny Narfook.
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2008, 12:46:39 »
Aaaaaawwww....... you guys.

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2008, 12:50:20 »
If this string was a straw poll of the Great British public then the Police are not coming out of it in to good a light, personally I don't blame the Police it's the upstairs brigade the powers that be the PC sect the human rights act that's the problem what the Police have to deal with, plus two hours to fill a form out when they DO arrest someone, I just wish this was now locked because good or bad I don't like knocking our own, ;)

Jokerman

• Half Acre
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2008, 20:13:03 »
The reason that we call police when we are in need is simple...

WE PAY THEM FOR THIS WITH OUR TAXES!!!

Police officers take up the job because they enjoy it..... not many do it to make a difference, they choose the career because it appeals to them.

They would rather badger law abiding people about frivolous offences than tackle drug dealers and burglars.. why? because it's the easy option that allows targets to be maintained.

It's much easier to sit in a panda and pullover someone with a bulb out that won't cause too much of a fuss, and just accept a fine etc, than investigate real criminals where they would have to leave the comfort of their air conditioned cars and risk confrontation...

The reason that crimes rates continually increase is because many are too lazy or just can't be bothered to do the job that WE pay them for.
“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ~ Tolkien

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2008, 20:22:23 »
Jokerman, personally I think that a motorist driving at 40 past my house or in the dark with only one headlight working, is a bigger threat to my family than someone selling drugs to people who want to buy them with their own money & take them in the privacy of their own home... we all demonise people that commit different crimes to ourselves...

Jokerman

• Half Acre
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2008, 20:24:20 »
p.s    Firefighters lost all my respect when they striked. If everyone did this then the country would be in a worse state than now. We all take on jobs aware of salary and conditions... just because they can put fear into people by not responding to calls doesn't mean that we should give in.

I have respect for the army for standing in for them while this was going on, and as previously mentioned they are a lot less paid and have a much more dangerous job. Rarely do they complain, and can you imagine what would happen if they went on strike during an invasion of the country...

If firefighters don't like the pay then find a new career, or maybe there aren't that many jobs where you can actually get paid for doing nothing 4/5's of your working day!!!
“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ~ Tolkien

Jokerman

• Half Acre
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2008, 20:26:20 »
ollie, how can you say that...maybe you know different druggies to me....

silly billy

• Acre
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2008, 20:50:17 »
I can live with losing your respect. As stated earlier ignorance is bliss.
My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in. Bill Shankly.

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2008, 21:26:42 »

They get slagged off as Valmarg is saying because they didn't protect a young girl who was being stalked by her ex who ended up killing her.  What should the police done for her 24 hour protection.  Should they have imprisoned the boyfriend? For what offence - calling her, writing letters to her, Obviously there are some nutters like this guy - but we can't lock up every nutter in case they do

They could have believed her.  When she went to them begging for help she was as good as told to sod off, and stop being a nuisance.

The independent enquiry chucked a police inspector off the force, and demoted several others (with no chance of promotion for years).

She didn't want 24 hour protection, she just wanted help.  To know that there was somebody that believed her.

The police let her down very badly.

valmarg

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2008, 23:55:59 »
Ktlawson - yes many others people get damaged doing their jobs - but they are not "targetted to be attacked" by the general public!

KT the priority for police services is to protect lives - not possessions - if they were called by this silly lady saying she was being attacked - they did turn up in numbers - proving the point that they are there for important stuff.  Whilst they were dealing with this ridiculous woman - someone else out there would not have got help because she had tied up the police, putting other peoples lives potentially in danger  turning out to a false alarm of personal attack - I hope she has been convicted of wasting police time!  How silly of her - I hope she isnt really being attacked next time she needs to call the police and they take it that she is a time waster who may have lost a few of her possessions!
1) If nobody else but the police are "targetted to be attacked" by the general public!", try telling that to all the NHS staff who are attacked annually, the firefighters that get stones and bricks thrown at them when called out.  That is why they have to re-allocate funding to put CCTV on fire appliances, taking it away from investing in more or better equipment & more valuable resources.

2)The woman making the phonecall was not real,  it is an old long standing joke taking the mick out of the police.  ::) ::) ::)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2008, 00:48:03 »
I always get the impression pigs were either bullied at school, or were a bullies.

They are'nt much cop, someone tried to pinch my Mini when i was up the lottie once - i spotted them and chased them off with a fork. Gave the fuzz the reg, apperance, description nothing happened. Spotted some hair coursers in the field near my lottie - who were around for a good hour after i called the fuzz - they said unles i had a reg plate no of their car they were'nt going to bother...

Me and my mates used to run raves on the downs, when i look back on it now they were completly useless then, they had no idea where they were, where we might go, they used to turn up at 3am, long after its started, ponce about like dinner time monitors at primary school, ask us to turn it down a bit then f-off back to the cop shop. They just could'nt be bothered - although looking back on it all i was'nt complaining then.. The Military police were even worse, we had a rave near RAF Benson once, they turned up in a load of landrovers, we all got a bit worried that the number was up, but then the gaffer came up asked us to tidy up after we left. A couple of them even joined in on the fun! so i suppose they were'nt all bad.
Straight outt'a compton - West Berkshire.

Please excuse my spelling, i am an engineer

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2008, 07:15:24 »
A way of getting round the striking Fireman problem would be something similar to what they have in France or did have and that is that when they are called up for national service they can serve in the  Fire Brigade :)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2008, 07:43:48 »
A way of getting round the striking Fireman problem would be something similar to what they have in France or did have and that is that when they are called up for national service they can serve in the  Fire Brigade :)

An even better way would be to pay them what they are worth for risking their lives.

Strikers do not want to strike, they are forced into it as a last resort. As the government relies on the public outcry to face the strikers down instead of addressing the issue.

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2008, 08:27:41 »
Ace,
           I don't want to start slagging Firemen off I have several mates that are Firemen, in fact I remember the first time they went on strike a friend of mine who's brother was a Royal Marine Bandsman ended up squirting water and he argued that he did not join uo to be a bloody Fireman, but if and when they ever receive a fabulous payrise would they all stop moonlighting or doing any cash in hand jobs ;)

Lacelotte

• Half Acre
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2008, 09:10:46 »
Strikers do not want to strike, they are forced into it as a last resort.

Sorry but that's rubbish. People who strike choose to strike and vote to strike. It's just their way of holding the government/company to ransom. Nothing short of extortion.

And I say that in all lines of work. Not just public service jobs.

Shane
***Who is now preparing himself for the barrage of abuse from members of organised crime syndicates (AKA Unions)

silly billy

• Acre
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2008, 09:26:28 »
Ace,
           I don't want to start slagging Firemen off I have several mates that are Firemen, in fact I remember the first time they went on strike a friend of mine who's brother was a Royal Marine Bandsman ended up squirting water and he argued that he did not join uo to be a bloody Fireman, but if and when they ever receive a fabulous payrise would they all stop moonlighting or doing any cash in hand jobs ;)

Someones been watching too many re-runs of London's Burning.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2008, 09:42:06 »
Strikers do not want to strike, they are forced into it as a last resort.

Sorry but that's rubbish. People who strike choose to strike and vote to strike. It's just their way of holding the government/company to ransom. Nothing short of extortion.

And I say that in all lines of work. Not just public service jobs.

Shane
***Who is now preparing himself for the barrage of abuse from members of organised crime syndicates (AKA Unions)

Did you notice that this thread of 'bloody coppers' has stayed on theme. Because that is all we would be being paid if it wasn't for the unions. We all hear the news every morning and listen to oil companies, supermarkets, airports etc openly bragging about their obscene, excessive profits. I am not a comunist, but I still think the workers should get a better share in wages. Without them the companies could not exist.

Lacelotte

• Half Acre
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2008, 10:05:14 »
I am not a Communist, but I still think the workers should get a better share in wages. Without them the companies could not exist.

I agree wholeheartedly. But the fat cats running the unions are being paid stupid amounts of money too. And I still do not agree with striking at all. That's my personal opinion. I walked through picked lines on numerous occasions when I was a local government officer and I would do it again without thinking twice.

P.S. I'm not a communist either, I'm happy with our constitutional monarchy (albeit not with a Labour government at it's helm)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal