Author Topic: Birds  (Read 1679 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Birds
« on: May 12, 2008, 19:47:33 »
I went  shopping for bird seed this morning, I knew I was getting a bit low,although the feeders were still full. Bought wild bird seed, niger seed, sunflower hearts.
When I got home the blackbirds had decided to have fun with 2 trays of pertunias I had put out ready for planting. Compost scattered everywhere and several plants damaged. Theres gratitude for you ;D

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Birds
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 20:45:56 »
I've just taken the net off an area of lawn about 10 ft x 6 ft that I had to re-seed after it was ripped up by rooks going after chafer grubs.  You have my sympathy!

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 22:27:10 »
some bird just pulled out most of my transplanted zinnia seedlings  >:(  but I had fun painting up a blue bird house my grandson and son made me for Mothers Day ;D
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 08:38:45 »
I have forgiven them. They are getting so tame, I am sure they are nesting in the conifers at the back of the garden. When I walked up the garden at 8pm last night Mr Blackbird was sitting on the 3ft fence watching Mrs Blackbird finding insects in the border, neither moved until I was about 2 ft away from them. Just love them.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 09:05:50 »
 Our bird garden on the allotment is being raided by squirrells and magpies but they do make the place look alive. I will try to get a pic of them today
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 14:20:02 »
I have just noticed that Mrs Thrush has been busy on our patio at the back door. She has been getting inbetween the slabs for worms but bringing up the sand and other debris,  thanks.  I will have to sweep it all up now. 

;)

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 14:28:44 »
Hmmm,  regretting putting in a bark path in my "woodland corner",  most of it is scattered everywhere but.   But the blackies have nested in the hawthorn & the thrush pair are definitely in evidence, so I'll let them off.
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal