Author Topic: Ginger beer  (Read 1889 times)

kolesy

Ginger beer
« on: March 28, 2010, 22:51:11 »
Made ginger beer with recipe from here. A lot of older friends tell me they used to make it many years ago & have enjoyed what I have made. I have split plant 3 times now & shared with friends. Thank you for sharing this recipe on site. Is it really alcohol & if so does each batch get stronger? Some friends tell me its strong some say its just pop.

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Ginger beer
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 10:32:35 »
Alcohol content will grow longer you keep it fermenting... ;).. if you keep it too long going and the sugars are used up , yes it can have decent amount strenght but it will taste bad too...
Any liquid that has yeast and sugar mixed and allowed to ferment will produce alcohol..how long you allow fermenting to happen (and type of yeast and amount of sugar) is the factor of how much alcohol...
,,now scientific types will give you list of other factors but above is the basic rule... ::)

books

• Not So New ...
Re: Ginger beer
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 16:57:08 »
If you leave it to ferment (as said previously) you can increase the alcohol content, but i tend to find it only gets about 2% before the taste starts to go "funny". for something diffrent try changing the type of citrus fruit used, I have just made a batch using grapefruit which has more of a fizz than lemon.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal