Author Topic: Plant id please  (Read 1396 times)

Teena

• Not So New ...
Plant id please
« on: May 11, 2008, 17:04:17 »
the old dear next door has given us a lovely purple plant but i
can't find it in any of my books

3 triangular plum/black leaves on long pale purple/white thin stems approx 8 inches tall in clumps with tiny lilac coloured flowers
she says they are shamrock but not my idea of shamrock

she keeps them in a glass covered walkway between the flats and they do look stunning
i'd like to put them in our garden but need id to know if i can

any suggestions please
teena

nippie

• Acre
Re: Plant id please
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 17:37:20 »
I cannot for the life of me think of it's name, I'm sure someone will be along in a minute who can!
If it is what I am thinking of do not put it in the garden, you will have it everywhere, for ever  :o Tis pretty though  ;)
Friendship isn't a big thing.
Its a million little things.

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 17:40:34 »
Oxalis triangularis.  My neighbour grows it as an indoor and outdoor plant and I've got a little self-seeded clump now too.  Haven't found it particularly prolific though.

nippie

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 17:42:27 »
Oxalis triangularis.  My neighbour grows it as an indoor and outdoor plant and I've got a little self-seeded clump now too.  Haven't found it particularly prolific though.
Thats it  ;D
Cor I had it in my garden and it went everywhere. I'm still finding clumps of it springing up.

Teena

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 17:47:17 »
thank you
i did take a photo but dont know how to put it on here
never mind we'll put it out and see how it goes. the lady's said we can have some more if it doesn't work where we put it
cheers teena

nippie

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 18:03:53 »
Good luck then Teena.
Re photos, if you load them to Photobucket or one of the other free photo hosting sites, there will be an image code that you can copy and paste to your message. Thats what I do anyway.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 18:13:37 »
It goes like a rocket in a pot indoors, keep pulling the flowers off for a bushier plant. Outside  it comes every summer but a bit straggley.I'e just seen a little clump in my garden where I emptied a pot of root nodules  last year.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal