Author Topic: Finally, at long last  (Read 1535 times)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Finally, at long last
« on: May 14, 2008, 21:57:44 »
I got my 12 hybrid hens last June.  They have been a bit poorly recently but are over the worst and starting to look healthy again.  Egg production has increased this past month.   It tailed off to 5-6 daily and gradually increased this past week

Today is the first day I have got 12 eggs from 12 hens!. 
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: Finally, at long last
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 13:02:46 »
Hooray! I wish I could keep chickens....... :-\
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

GodfreyRob

• Acre
  • Good Boy!
    • The VGA Live!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 13:29:45 »
12 out of 12 is good going!
I have 14 adult hens (a mixture of breeds) and the most i have ever had was 10 eggs - and then only once.
Software for Vegetable Growers:
The VGA Live!

peasmad

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 21:17:25 »
I have 36 hens of various ages, and 8 cockerels, The most I have had is 26 eggs in one day. Some of them are just plain floozies. They just love the boys, and all the attention, but they all appear to have odd days off from egg laying. But I don't mind, they are fun to watch, very helpful when working on a patch, good company and chatterboxes. I let a run out a day. The rest of the week they spend in their manicured runs, scratching over the areas I generally dig over for them in the morning after the breakfast hour.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 23:59:53 »
Both my breeds, Black Rocks and White Leghorns are renowned as being prolific layers, over 320+ eggs annually for at least 5 years.  Some still lay up to 8 years, tailing off obviously ;)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal