Author Topic: new secretary  (Read 5066 times)

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
Re: new secretary
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 22:08:44 »
To be honest you need a committee !! a site manager would be top of the list, get the 'office' sorted out and if you have empty plots make that a top job to get them filled but stress to the new people you are looking for people to help run the site and upgrade it !!!!
Have a word with contract gardeners or the council and see if you can get wood chips, grass clippings, and even soot is great ! a few strong pallets put together will make you some containers to put it in.
With the intrest in lotties running so high you should have no trouble getting new plot holders, make sure the council is passing on the details of people who want plots unless you are self managed, even so a web site would boost your site.
Once the site starts to look better people will be much more interested and start to have pride in their site  :D

deboydoyd

• Half Acre
  • Bit of digging - it'll be fine
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 22:19:59 »
Yes, unfortunately the previous secretary was not very active in getting the uncultivated plots plotholders off, and new people on. We have had people on the waiting list for over a year and plots lying unused - very frustrating. Anyway, that is changing. 3 plots have been freed up and new people got on, and a fourth has until 1st June to reply, and I've just shown his replacement round today so he is waiting in the wings. And I have my eye on another plot where there is going to be a letter in the post...
I've been inspired by your replies to do my first newsletter, and call another meeting.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2008, 18:28:49 »
I agree you will need a commitee but for goodness sake make sure that they are aware that you do not need sleeping members only the ones that are willing to get their wellies on and do some bloomin work
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal