Author Topic: Marrow again!  (Read 1725 times)

Piglottie

• Half Acre
Marrow again!
« on: August 11, 2005, 10:55:28 »
Have been given marrows by a lottie neighbour and they are rather huge - far too much for me and Mr P to eat (considering Mr P only eats marrow under sufferance!).  I fancy making some chutney (as I'm addicted to it!) and thought about using the marrow to make it.  However, am chutney making virgin  :o and wondered if any one had any good recipes.  Have found this one http://www.greatbritishkitchen.co.uk/recipes_result.asp?name=marrowripetomatochutney which I can use, but would be interested if anyone's got a tried and test recipe.  Thanks  :)

wardy

• Hectare
Re: Marrow again!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 10:56:43 »
I'm sure in the Recipes bit there is one for marrow and ginger jam.  Sounds delish.  I'd deffo give that a go  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

caz 406

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 11:00:34 »
That recipe sounds lovely. Am also chutney virgin and have been wondering what to do with glut of courgettes - will give it a try  :)

Piglottie

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 11:07:03 »
Excuse my very basic question.... but is Marrow and Ginger Jam a sweet jam or is it a posh name for a type of savoury accompaniment (like Red Onion Marmalade)?  Really would like a recipe for a chutney type thing, to have with cheese, and cold cuts of meat etc.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal