Author Topic: Gem Squash question  (Read 933 times)

springbok

• Hectare
Gem Squash question
« on: May 08, 2008, 07:35:57 »
My gem squash are a foot high now in the greenhouse and have creeping feelers on them already.

Is it safe to plant them outside now?  Is the risks of frost over.  In my area the temp are going to be between 21 and 25 degrees till next week according to metcheck!.

Anyone seen Jeannine??   ???

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
Re: Gem Squash question
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 12:54:06 »
In our are we have had late frosts up until early June (Midlands). But I still put out frost tender plants and if frost is forecast wrapped some fleece around them and cover them with a bucket. You just need to keep an eye on the forecasts - i find the teletext forecasts on the BBC good as you can get a 24 hr forecast broken down to 3 hour intervals - anything below 4 C and I fleece as rural areas are going to be lower than the forecast city temps.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 12:59:16 »
Yes the temp you need to keep your eye on is the lowest one. ;D

No sign of Jeannine for ages.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 20:00:44 »
Hi folks I  am here, I have just out of commision you might say for a few weeks.

I would be tempted to put them out but be warned if we do get a frost they will pop off. If it gets cold and wet they won't die but will stand still.

Harden them off though before you finally plant them out.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 20:25:11 »
don't wear your fingers out with all this posting Jeannine! Welcome back  :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal