Author Topic: Peach Tree Leaf Problem??  (Read 1514 times)

Brogusblue

• Acre
  • I love roses and have nearly 80 of them.
    • SRS - Shredder Repair Services
Peach Tree Leaf Problem??
« on: May 11, 2008, 08:40:50 »
Hello

I have never been happy with my wilkinsons peach since i purchased it last year this year all the leaves are curled and little bubbles i have attached pictures any ideas i am close to ripping it out and restarting with a new tree.

Cheers
Brogusblue
I have been infected by the "rose virus"  ... I have surrendered to my addiction gracefully. There's no recovery"   On the other hand, imagine life without roses – a dreadful thought!

The Royal National Rose Society
                                     www.rnrs.org

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Peach Tree Leaf Problem??
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 09:02:28 »
Leaf Curl.... difficult to treat. Best kept under glass in Winter as the Spores(?) are carried in the winter rain. Best to start again IMHO....  :(

Brogusblue

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 09:14:55 »
Hello

Saddad Thanks for that i will remove the tree later on thank goodness its a small tree,
I thought it look seroius as my other wilco tree's are doing great guns but this one was the runt of the batch of trees i got. I have seen a nice tree in a garden centre around £20 mark so i might make trip over there as they only had 2 a week ago.

Cheers
Brogusblue
I have been infected by the "rose virus"  ... I have surrendered to my addiction gracefully. There's no recovery"   On the other hand, imagine life without roses – a dreadful thought!

www.rnrs.org

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 09:48:03 »
Apparently the fungus overwinters in cracks in the bark and between leaf scales. Maybe lots of fungicide in early spring might do it? I'm not sure.

Brogusblue

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 09:56:59 »
Hello

Just removed tree and chopped up ready for burning,  :'( off later on to find another one there is one which is leaf curl resistant it's called "Avalon Pride " so i will have a look in the garden centres, I have seen it online from dobies for £19,95 + £3.95 p&p.  :D

Thanks for all your help
Brogusblue

www.rnrs.org

amphibian

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 20:27:53 »
Over two seasons I have almost nursed my peach back to health. I spray with Bordeaux mixture early in  autumn and again shortly before bud burst. I remove any infected leaves and respray new growth.

Brogusblue

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 20:35:03 »
Hello

I have purchased a avalon pride from my local garden centre i did take a branch with me and he did say that it was best to remove it and start again so my new peach tree is a large tub and hopefully no more leaf curl

Cheers
Brogusblue

www.rnrs.org

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 21:56:34 »
I cover mine in plastic until the leaves are out and the flowers start, 2nd year this year, we have tiny peaches and no, at the moment, leaf curl  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal