Author Topic: Courgette Glut  (Read 5344 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re:Courgette Glut
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2004, 22:35:09 »
Just to say Gavin, I made your dish tonite for my supper as Ava was working late and I was all alone, and it was absolutely knock-out!  I like my eggs almost raw, so just 10 minutes in a warm oven followed by a couple of minutes under a hot grill to frazzle the cheese, which was a zummerzet marture cheddar, and then snuggled up on the sofa to enjoy.  All I really needed was a glass of vino and a hunk of warm bread, but it is midweek you know and I am trying to count calories!  ;D

gavin

• Hectare
  • Good gardening!
    • Growing Vegetables on an Allotment in Leeds
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2004, 22:42:20 »
Hi EJ - glad it worked!  Isn't it odd how "green" courgettes can taste?

And I'm sorry :( - I should have remembered the nice warm bread - wine?  taken for granted ;)

I must find that recipe book again - last time I saw it, the contents were so good that the mice had eaten great chunks out of it!

All best - Gavin

john_miller

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2004, 23:24:53 »
One American cook book I have includes a recipe for courgette crusted pizza. Coarsely grate courgettes (as much as you need) and let stand for 15 minutes, then squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Mix with some cheese, eggs, flour and salt. Bake at 350 until it is firm, then spread with your preferred pizza toppings and cook again until it is done.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal