Author Topic: bar humbug to the hail  (Read 826 times)

Thegoodlife

• Half Acre
bar humbug to the hail
« on: April 30, 2008, 18:26:36 »
well the thunder storms over the last few days here at donny have been on the wow scale ;D or in country folk terms "a rite massive uns"

Left out my kale,brocci,& cauli sunday night for it to be hardend off & wam!! a thunder storm hail stones like 1/2 the size of golf balls a right proper light show & lots of noise,.

monday morning, mmmmmmmmmm lottie coverd in hail 1" deep in places said plants not looking so good :-[, my own fault i hear you cry but i was well p***ed off, but they are slowly on the mend.

Tonight it looks like a lake at the lottie, the hens are in training for the boat race at present :D
today i will be growin veg!!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: bar humbug to the hail
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 08:37:42 »
My brassicas got very bashed and bruised my the hail too, I planted them out yesterday and they don't look too bad now. But I noticed even my cardoons' leaves have holes in them and they are tough as old boots!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: bar humbug to the hail
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 09:50:38 »
I've heard distant thunder quite a bit (unusual this early in the year), but nothing actually happened here. Just showers and the odd flurry of hail.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal