Author Topic: another greenhouse  (Read 1942 times)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
another greenhouse
« on: April 23, 2008, 09:03:31 »
Greenhouses to me are like kitchen cupboards. I can never have enough of them.I am now on my 4th GH. Mind you I  am growing some for the allotment funds so I do have a good excuse. Yesterday Tony started to erect what he hopes will be the last one. Just when he was gettin the hang of it too. lol. I have to start on cold frames now so that I can harden everything off. BTW none of them are heated. Good thing too eh!. Will post a pic when Dan get my subs.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: another greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 21:24:18 »
Good way of keeping Tone out of mischief then Shirl?

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 22:09:01 »
We have just acquired a 10'x8' G'house... without instructions, and half the root bed is already taken over by plants for the sale...
 :-X

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 18:57:07 »
We managed to get the frame finished yesterday and when we opened the poly-carbon panels to my horror they were the same as the keta greenhouse we built that blew away last year. Tone said that this will be different cos it's got  an aluminiam frame and is secured by corner spikes. I'm just dreading that awful wafflling though. Has anyone else had a bevelled panel greenhouse
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

caseylee

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 20:16:10 »
I am just as bad I have two at home and on the lookout for number three they are so addictive.  I managed to get one from freecycle, and the other one was bought out fo trade it for peanuts.  They are my pride and joy

daileg

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 20:28:08 »
i have just erected a poly carbon thing gtreen house had a mision of a job to get together im wondering if anyone has ever fitted a self opening window catch to a sliding window 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal