Author Topic: temp for greenhouse  (Read 836 times)

daileg

• Hectare
temp for greenhouse
« on: April 29, 2008, 19:46:13 »
what would be the best temp to keep my greenhouse at i have recently bought one and was wondering

Norfolk n Proud

• Half Acre
  • From humble beginnings...
Re: temp for greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 19:52:28 »
Hi daileg, personally speaking, i don't like it to drop below 5 Celsius at night and i like it  be no higher than 35 Celsius during the day, which is why it's worthwhile investing in an automatic vent opener for the window and or a fan that'll circulate the air on a warm day, plus you could always leave the door open?
Thas a rummun !!

daileg

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 19:59:27 »
thanks for the input how much does an automatic vent cost as my greenhouse is of the polycarbonate type from a catolouge company an absolut night mare to put together took two of us 16 hours will never do another one anyhow i oly have one window made of perspex all the walls ar from perspex might be a bit hard to install 

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 20:02:42 »
Just a thought - but why do you want to heat your greenhouse in April?

Or are you looking to next year? Growing what?

daileg

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 20:06:41 »
yes was looking into the future growing spell i noticed after putting it all together it wasnt air tight there are gaps around the door i have a window wich slides up and down i was wondering what and if it was all that needed to have a heater i surpose that depends on what i was going to use it for through the cold spell 

daileg

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 20:08:10 »
i was wondering as to keep a log of temp to see how good this product was in order to compare to others

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal