The Show > Sunflowers

Sunflowers

(1/2) > >>

Daniel:
Hi i am growing giant sun,giant single,teddy bear and dwarf sunspot sunflowers what are all you growing?

calamityjayneuk:
Hi Daniel

I have developed a small addiction after enjoying the ones I had last year so much (Oranges & Lemons and Pastiche).

This year I am going for short, multiheaded types so I can cut for the house. I have 'vanilla ice', 'Music box' and a taller red one 'velvet queen'

v excited :)

calamityjayneuk:
Well Velvet queen got eaten by slugs - vanilla ice didn't get planted out in time, but here's my first couple of flowers on the Music Box sunflowers - luverley  ;D  ;D  ;D

loopyloulou:
they are lovely :) mine also got eaten by slugs but a few dwarf ones in pots out the front (shhh!!) look set to flower, all 3 of them, lol, just hope the slugs dont spot them!!! sob!

Toadspawn:
The best sunflowers I have grown have always originated from self sown seed either that fallen from the flower head or that hidden by the coal tits.
This year the self sown ones are at least 10' high and already have several open flowers with many more to come. They have very thick sturdy stems. The ones I raised in the GH and then transplanted out are anywhere between 2-6' with not a flower bud in sight. 
The self sown ones were not damaged by slugs yet several of the ones I raised were eaten despite the slug pellets.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version