Author Topic: WALL HANGING GROW BAGS  (Read 2206 times)

trinity

• Acre
WALL HANGING GROW BAGS
« on: April 25, 2008, 10:37:51 »
I have been given 10 wall hanging grow bags  ;D ;D ;D (10 L)

any ideas what i can put in them i have 2 tumbling toms i don't have baskets for so they will go in 2 of them but that still leaves 8

dose any one know will they be big enough for cucumbers ???

the plants need to go outside as i don't have an allotmet yet so no green house  :'(

gunnerbee

• Hectare
Re: WALL HANGING GROW BAGS
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 12:15:45 »
im thinking of growing some of my little toms in those green wall hangers too, be interesting if anyone else has had any sucess with these.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 22:41:56 »
I had some of these a few years ago, they had several 'pockets' for planting. I shoved Busy Lizzies in, they looked stunning! The plants covered all the plastic so it ended up a pillar of colour.

I haven't tried tomatoes, but I daresay if they are watered properly they should be fine. Similar to a hanging basket :D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

trinity

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 11:11:15 »
 :o watering these 5 times a day and they are still dry and toms are not doing very well have used water retaining granules but it all runs out of the bottom before they can soke it up :(

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 13:10:03 »
:o watering these 5 times a day and they are still dry and toms are not doing very well have used water retaining granules but it all runs out of the bottom before they can soke it up :(

Try ice cubes or cut a pop bottle in half fill it with water the freeze it the stand it on top of the basket.
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

Ishard

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 13:45:02 »
Ive got Microdot and Tumbling Tom in some of those plus some strawbs. The strawbs arent doing so well but the toms are.

Oh and I also companion planted with french marigolds.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal