Author Topic: GREENHOUSE HELP REQUIRED!!  (Read 3125 times)

aromatic

• Half Acre
  • Lavender flowers yield abundant nectar
GREENHOUSE HELP REQUIRED!!
« on: April 27, 2008, 17:19:31 »
 :-\ I have an 8 x 4 metal greenhouse. I am a complete novice when it comes to greenhouses. I would very much appreciate some advice regarding shading and insulating (thankfully into the shading season soon!!) I did put up insulating bubble wrap this winter, but I have to say its not very well done and cannot wait to get it down because I am really ashamed of my efforts!! Regarding the shading I have been given some green net with eyelets which I had heard is put outside of the greenhouse and attached to the guttering of the greenhouse... what would one use to attach the net to the guttering???.... (scratches head in bafflement!!) So has you can see I really do need some help here!! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.  ~Author Unknown

Love aromatic xxx

albacore1854

• Half Acre
Re: GREENHOUSE HELP REQUIRED!!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 17:22:35 »
Usually the outside frame of the greenhouse would have rails.I would get some elastic rope of a fine diameter from a chandlers, drill a hole for it to go through in the frame rails at the same height at either end.tie the rope to each end then slide the shading up,. and under it.
Proud to be a Trelawny man!

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 19:26:56 »
When I collected cacti, I used to paint shading on every spring, when they started to turn red from too much sun. It always worked well.

aromatic

• Half Acre
  • Lavender flowers yield abundant nectar
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 19:39:42 »
Thank you so much for your suggestions albacore1854, ktlawson and Robert_Brenchley. I really do appreciate your input.... all very interesting ideas and it certainly gives me something to think over......

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.  ~Author Unknown

Love aromatic xxx

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal