Author Topic: Vine Weevils  (Read 1081 times)

Norfolk n Proud

• Half Acre
  • From humble beginnings...
Vine Weevils
« on: April 24, 2008, 19:50:39 »
Has anybody used Nemasys vine weevil killer? I'm thinking of using it to control the little buggers so they don't go for my peas again, I'd like your feedback on it and where you got it from, and if poss, the price please and thanks. :)
Thas a rummun !!

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
Re: Vine Weevils
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 20:20:40 »
I haven't used it/them, but I think the main disadvantage is that the nematodes are only active with soil temperatures above 10 oC, so they're really only effective under glass

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 20:53:21 »
It works fine on Pots on a patio... best applied at the back end when the grubs are in the soil... they do more damage eating the roots than the grown ups chomping the odd leaf...
 :(

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 21:17:40 »
I used it but about 10 years ago. I haven't had vine weevil invasion since so I suppose it must have worked. Can't remember how much it cost. I bought it at the local garden centre and then posted it off and the nematodes came through the post. I think it was early June when I watered them in.

Norfolk n Proud

• Half Acre
  • From humble beginnings...
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 21:58:00 »
I don't want to use loads of chemicals on the lottie, i figured that a better way, may be the Nemasys option. I think I'll try it for myself and then post the results on here.  Cheers guys  :)
Thas a rummun !!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 22:42:01 »
There is a new variety that works at a lower temperature. I don't know the name.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal