Author Topic: my plot prices help  (Read 2261 times)

devil4975

• Not So New ...
my plot prices help
« on: April 02, 2008, 17:07:48 »
hi i have a plot in nelson lancshire nad just got my rent for this year and its cost me £58.00 when ive seen them on tv and they dont get charged that much

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: my plot prices help
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 17:16:06 »
hiya, devil..welcome to the site..depends where you are, if you search for rent, we had a discussion about this recently  :)
ah, I see you found it  ;D

Blista

• Not So New ...
  • I dig - therefore i am!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 18:25:01 »
Welcome Devil,
A lot of people benefit from reduced rates for people on a low income. Here in Coventry we have something called a 'Passport To Leisure' offering half price at many City Council amenities, maybe you'd qualify for a lower rent through something similar where you are?  :)
A Veggie New Age Song:

Peas would rule the planets,
and love would clear the bars.
It was the dawning of the Age of Asparagus.

devil4975

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 19:03:32 »
nelson in lancashire

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 21:15:35 »
Our plots are council owned but we manage the site on a 15 year lease.

We have to pay for our own insurance and association fees (you have to be members of an association to get the necessary insurance).

Water is metered and the cost is dependant on what we use , there are no restrictions because we can not police it and it is our biggest expense.

We need to buy rat poison ( the council will not supply it) and we spray weed killer on the areas surrounding the site to keep down the problem.

We maintain the roads, paths, fences, our own car park and a large bin to contain horse manure a local farmer supplies.

There are some administration costs such as postage, photocopying and stationery.

However the committee does the work for free and we hope to manage this year by paying £30 each to cover these expenses. If we had to pay for a clerk at the council to keep records and do the administration it would cost a lot more. If we had no water it would be a lot less.

weedgrower

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 20:13:45 »
hi devil
im on witton plots in blackburn and ours is the same. its that bl..dy capita or is it crapita that charges so much. outside of london i think we are the dearest, well certainly the dearest i have come accross so far
takes over your life doesn't it

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal