Author Topic: Corneys off to Eurodisney  (Read 2170 times)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Corneys off to Eurodisney
« on: April 08, 2008, 20:52:03 »
Hi all, I'm off to Eurodisney at the weekend, any do's or don'ts or advice any one has would be appreciated .  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Corneys off to Eurodisney
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 21:06:23 »
take pictures !!!
have a good laugh, ck  ;D

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 21:09:26 »
Is it too late to cancel?   ;D  ;D  ;D

Gx

PS.  Sorry I hated it but the daughter who was about 9 at the time loved it.
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 21:12:14 »
Kids say "don't eat anything before you go on Space Mountain and always get good pictures as souvenirs, don't miss the parades and the fireworks.  And if you're travelling by Eurostar then make sure you take a spare t-shirt as the tunnel is very hot.  And get FastPass tickets which give you allotted times for your turn."

No idea myself, because I never get to go  :-[ :'( - mind you I hate rollercoasters!

Have a fab time.
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

glosterwomble

• Hectare
  • Gloucester - The South West
    • Fork it...a Gloucester allotment
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 21:26:19 »
The kids can buy an autograph book to get the characters signatures, my sister took her son when he was about 4 or 5 yrs and he wanted everyones autograph.

They queued for most together but the queue for Micky was too long for him so he and his Dad went off for 30 mins or so leaving Mum to get the signature. It was only later that she suddenly realised that she could have signed the book herself and he would never have guessed instead of queuing for 30 mins or so in freezing cold to get a French guy dressed as Micky Mouse to sign her book!!!!  ;D
View my blog on returning a totally
 overgrown plot in Gloucester
 into a productive allotment ... http://fork-in-hell.blogspot.com/

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 11:41:44 »
We went a few years ago, but ended up with this routine.

Presume you are staying at one of the hotels near the park? We got up early, had huge breakfast, then bus to parc. Go straight on one of the 'big' rides (Space Mountain, Runaway train etc) where queues form quickly. Then ignore big rides until later, go on smaller ones with small queues. Go back to hotel at lunchtime, prices are generally cheaper for light lunch/baguettes etc than in the parc, or make your own stuff from the supermarket. We had a pool in our hotel with an indoor/outdoor part, so we often went for a swim, short nap etc! Go back on bus to park at about 5pm, overtired miserable kids will be on their way out by then, and the queues start to drop, so good time to go on a big rides again. The evening parade is a big crowd puller, see it one day, then on the other evenings this is the time to get on the big rides, as there are often no queues at all! We went around the Pirates of the Caribbean several times in a row at this time. Also, rides are deserted early Sunday morning as people go to church.

Other tips, breakfast with characters, well worth doing, we had a right laugh!
The Aerosmith Rock n' Rollercoaster was the best ride by far, miles better than Space Mountain, you can get priority passes to miss queues, well worth the extra pennies as you don't hang around.

The Rainforest Cafe is a great place to eat, the best food on the parc and most to see whilst eating! The worst meal (and one of the most expensive) of my life was in the Planet Hollywood...I will never eat in a place like that ever again, although we did sit in the bar and watch football one afternoon as it was the only place that we could find that did it!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 13:42:23 »
oh oh oh I have just been there last week!!! We had a nice day but careful it is really cold at the moment!!!
Kids voted best ride the Big Thunder Mountain mine ride in a little train (it's a small roller coaster. At the end of the day there are less people on it...
The other thing you must do is the Enron Express Star Wars ride. It's a simulateur that  gives quite a thrill. EXCELLENT!
The Honey I shrunk teh audience is also great, they make you wait a bit to build up the suspense, it was good fun (3D theatre)
Pirates of the caribbean is OK but I thought it would have more action. My boy (10) liked the Haunted house in Frontier land and Buzz LightYear Laser game.
It's a small world (often called the "little dolls") is cute, my 7 year old girl liked it, you go on boats which is novel. The little Casey Lee train is cute too, it's in Fantasyland. MY little girl also like the Mad Hatter's teacups.
Letdowns - Peter Pan's flight (pretty but lasts about 45 seconds!!) and Snow White (again too fast).
I wanted to go on the steam paddler but we ran out of time and we were all too chicken to go on space mountain  ;D
Take good walking shoes, you are on your feet all day. It is very clean though, lots of toilets (very handy!) and drinking fountains.
Indication of prices - expensive! expect to pay 1.90 euros for a coffee, 2.80 for a soft drink and 1.20 for a packet of crisps. In Main Street it was outrageous, I saw 6 euros for a croque monsieur! (ham cheese toasty) We had el cheapo battered fish and chips with a couple of drinks in Toad Hall for lunch and it set me back 27 euros!! for 2 adults and two kids... but i saw some people eating homemade sandwiches... Main Street is just a load of Disney shops in fact.
It is  good fun I guess, except we didn't see Mickey Mouse all day! I thought there would be more character appearances but it is just rides really.
Hope this helps!!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

northener

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 17:42:32 »
Take plenty of money. You que for the rides in a shop and when you land, hey presto another shop. The kids will love it though, more so little girls.

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 20:19:58 »
Hi all, came back last night and was bloody knackered, took all your advice so cheers for that, had a really good time but bloody expensive though, e.g. a pint of carlsberg in the hotel 5 Euros 80. Euros at a bad rate at the moment, OH took 230 photos plus video recordings, the weather was quite cold but ok when the sun was out, we had a few downpours but we were lucky as we were inside at a show or in the rainforest reasturant at the time, two hours before we were going home hail stones poured down just as we were getting on a ride and they cancelled it, but altogether it was a great weekend and the kids loved it and thats what its all about.  ;D ;D ;D

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 21:23:59 »
Glad you had a good time.  My two are going back there in July with the school, they're hoping for better weather than last year, they had to cope with severe thunderstorms lol  :)
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 21:28:15 »
glad you enjoyed yourselves,  ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 18:29:23 »
Thanks to you both.  ;D ;D ;D

Columbus

• Hectare
    • A Duel of Delight and Desperation Index page
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 06:56:42 »
Me too, I`m off for the weekend  ;D ;D

Again  ;D We love it all

Col
... I am warmed by winter sun and by the light in your eyes.
I am refreshed by the rain and the dew
And by thoughts of you...

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 19:10:27 »
I suppose you do quite a bit of travelling Columbus.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  :-X

Columbus

• Hectare
    • A Duel of Delight and Desperation Index page
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 06:55:20 »
Well, I did discover America you know  ;D

(Actually I didn`t but I wrote the history books instead)

Col
... I am warmed by winter sun and by the light in your eyes.
I am refreshed by the rain and the dew
And by thoughts of you...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal