Author Topic: At Last  (Read 1197 times)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
At Last
« on: April 18, 2008, 07:52:22 »
On Saturday Tony and I will be having 2 weeks to ourselves. Mom is going into respite. I'm chantin at the bit at the moment. Going up to Co Durham to see my son and his family for a few days. Hope the weather is nice as we plan to spend whole days at the allotment.(just cos we can) without having to get home on time to get Mom from the day center. Those of you who know our situation will understand just how much this means to us. Might even get time to come on the site. Regard Shirl and Tone
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: At Last
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 15:58:50 »
nice to see you, also, glad you're getting some time to yourselves, you deserve it  :)
enjoy  ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 18:53:51 »
Nice to see you on the forum, enjoy yourselves and don't forget to relax, gods knows you two deserve a break.  :-*   ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 22:06:32 »
I agree, it is great to see you visiting A4A again. I am sure like me a lot of members have missed you. Hope you have a great time, take care and have some quality time together.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 22:23:14 »
Nice to see you back and make the most of it both of you.   :)

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 10:19:13 »
Thanks for all of your good wishes. Our break starts today. Am just waiting for my Tony to get back from taking Mom, then we are going to the allotment for the day even though it's gonna be cold and peeing down.
                             I want em saying

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 17:20:02 »
Enjoy like you've never enjoyed before  :)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 16:44:22 »
WHEW!!! First reading, thought you'd scarpered oop north for two weeks and I thought OH BUGGA! Just when I was back from a week away meself & wanted to come & raid your muck heap......then I re-read it carefully.....SO.....it's not that I need to come and scrump your s***, I can wait for a proppa invitation, like?

Your mum's lovely Shirl 8) but......but full-time caring takes its toll, eh? Enjoy your two weeks, and I hope that she does the same, because without that knowledge or security, you're back into the same-old, same-old... :(

Peeps, Shirl, Tone,  and the thousands on thousands of other peeps who look after their own are the real unsung and unpaid heroes of our society today, I reckon. All the v.v.v.best to you all, Lishka xxx

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 08:29:10 »
Hi Lish. We go up North on Friday and come back Tuesday so you can come after that at any time you want. Mom comes home on the following Saturday. I know she is ok cos she is still attending the day centre for 3 days so of course I ring them to see if she's ok. At the moment she is. The home she has gone to is a council one and the manager and asst manager are people I worked with when I worked in care so I am quite confident that she will be looked after. Tony is 79 on Sat so we will probably go out on the town with our son. Haven't seen them for ages. We have spental most all out time at the lotties and we are both knackered lol . We have to finish putting up a greenhouse today. Yes thats right another one. See you soon
                             I want em saying

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal