Author Topic: 3 free giant fuchsias  (Read 21120 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: 3 free giant fuchsias
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2008, 21:47:01 »
Georgie I like that one almost as much as the ?dumpling one. Which one do you prefer now they have come in to full flower?

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2008, 21:50:03 »
Hi Lorna.  Devon Dumpling is still my fave because it's more subtle.  I planted mine into a hanging basket today.   :)

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2008, 21:58:23 »
On Monday I am going to have a good look in my hanging baskets/troughs, don't tell anyone but I have forgotten where I planted my 3 freebies and as my earlier labels were rubbish will have to look at your pics to see if mine survived :o Took a couple of pics of the swingtime you gave me, will post the pics next week.

Mushy Pea

• Acre
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2008, 07:52:40 »
Hi Folks,

Only 2 of mine survived.

Royal Mosaic

And I don't know this one.

MP

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2008, 08:14:20 »
I adore fuchsias.   I have nineteen varieties around the garden & two more on order.

CC
"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2008, 21:03:11 »
I thought it was time we had an update on our freebies. 

Royal Mosaic has been by far the most successful with three strong shoots and a fair amount of side shooting.  It's virtually filled the hanging basket now and is flowering well.

Devonshire Dumpling was also doing well with a similar growth habit to Royal Mosaic but in the last week or so it's looking limp and has stopped flowering.  I suspect vine weeval but I've not had a chance to check.

Rocket Fire is strong but only has one main stem flowering.  For some reason the side shoots are simply not taking off.

How are yours doing?

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2008, 22:33:21 »
Georgie, my DEVONSHIRE DUMPLING, has also stopped flowering,
Royal Mosiac, is a joy the flowers are so big & blousey. the other one snuffed it ages ago.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal