Author Topic: How do you get your horse manure?  (Read 8416 times)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Re: How do you get your horse manure?
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2008, 19:25:12 »
Our stuff comes from a local stables, she delivers weekly but shes moving to france so were going to loose our supply ;(

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2008, 19:57:10 »
hiya, speedgardener, welcome to the site, I'd be dead chuffed as well, if we could get the stuff that easily  ;D

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2008, 20:11:37 »
delivered to site, an Iveco tipper load (about 3 yards) for a tenner, not allways horse, sometimes cattle yard.
You couldn't make it up!

plot 46

• Not So New ...
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2008, 13:30:27 »
ours is a tenner for a flat bed trucks worth delivered right to the plot, as long as the paths are dry enough, again mainly cattle manure but steaming fresh  ;D makes the wellies warm on a cold day

Cuke

• Half Acre
  • Abbeymead, Gloucester
    • Growing Our Own
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2008, 08:09:16 »
I think ours appears by magic.

There's a pile at the top of the site that seems to grow faster than it gets used, never seen it being topped up so I'm guessing its the manure fairies.... ;)

Our little corner of the blogging world http://www.growingourown.co.uk

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2008, 13:00:56 »
I have gotten some from the local pony club, they have tons of the stuff piling up. I can get 6 huge bag fulls in the boot  ;D
BUT our site has just bought a trailer with some leftover cash!! trouble is i don't have a towbar on my car so I need to find a helpful soul that will help me out with a free ride. I would like to have a lot more manure than I currently use...
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal