Author Topic: flowers on my toms  (Read 5115 times)

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
Re: flowers on my toms
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2008, 09:32:25 »
I wouldn't want to chuck anything out that had a chance but they don't seem to be growing at all ?

That's what you think, I thought that about one of my Marmande plants and now it's a triffid and is threatening to eat me!  Give them a few more days to acclimatise to the indoor temperature and they should pick up.
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
Re: flowers on my toms
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2008, 11:38:51 »
Yikes! I thought mine were coming on really well on my "sunny" window sill (except it is still peeing down here...) but my biggest are still only about 15-20 cm high (about 5 or 6 inches). Still they look good so I guess I don't need to be worried yet. In fact one of teh cherry tomato plants has a couple of flower buds forming! even though it is only about 4 inches high!!
 I have loads of toms!! About 30 plants!! can't plant them all so I guess some friends will get some giveaways.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal