Author Topic: Free Compost Bin - London Borough Of Hounslow Residents  (Read 4095 times)

Isleworth

• Half Acre
    • http://plot31a.blogspot.com/
Not sure if people are already aware of this but if anyone in the London Borough Of Hounslow wants a plastic garden compost bin and hasn't already had one from the council they can apply for one free of charge... here: www.recyclenow.com/compost

( Only one per household address sadly, as I would have liked one for my plot as well as the one at home :( )

Options: 220ltr - Free (Free Delivery) or 330ltr - £8.00 (Free Delivery) or 250ltr KOMP - £30.00 (Free Delivery)

You also get a handy kitchen caddy included so you don't have to keep popping out to the Compost bin every day!

~

Lawrence

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
Re: Free Compost Bin - London Borough Of Hounslow Residents
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 11:56:21 »
www.recyclenow.com/compost

( Only one per household address sadly, as I would have liked one for my plot as well as the one at home :( )

Try asking your neighbours if they are going to take up the free offer...if not, ask if they would be willing to apply for one and pass it on to you  ;D

Lauren
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

Isleworth

• Half Acre
    • http://plot31a.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 11:29:54 »
Hi Lauren,

Hadn't thought of that but decided to give them a call and explain that I was throwing things away due to compost bin being full... and have now managed to order the 330 ltr one for £8.00 including delivery :) and they even said I can have  two free Kitchen caddies so I can transfer stuff to the allotment until the home ones rotted down a bit!  ;D

Cheers,

Lawrence
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 11:31:57 by IsleworthTW7 »

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 12:15:31 »
Hi Lawrence

Sounds like the sort that I got the Komp ones?  They are ruddy brilliant and I ordered 2 a couple of years back.  They duly arrived and I assembled them up the lottie and - blow me - another couple arrived!  So they went up the lottie too!

they are really good as they are huge and I haven't had any problem with them at all except the lid is so good at keeping water out that - occasionally - I have to water them!  I have made huge quantities of compost in them bringing in seaweed/grass mowings and manure on top of the usual weeds and cuttings/kitchen waste!  One of them I use for leaf mould and - I had a really good result with that I emptied it last year and have it full again this year!

What I really like about them is that you have a very large opening when you want to play around and either empty or humph the stuff around in there!  Buy as many as you can - I was not restricted to one at the time!

Good luck with it

Old Bird

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 12:40:04 »
in my area i have to pay 17quid for the bin you get free ;( but i did get one of the caddies free from sainsburys when i bought some compostable bags. Going to stick with my pallet compost bins and the green wheely bin ( we can but food waste inc meat in there for composting) collected every 2 weeks which is fine for us.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 17:55:01 »
Our ones were a fiver each with caddy and a roll of  ten litre bio bags, I ordered four over a three month period and took them all down the lottie.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal