Author Topic: Our web site  (Read 2467 times)

fbgrifter

• Acre
  • All change
Our web site
« on: April 11, 2008, 13:19:31 »
Just dropping a line to let you know that the Hayfield Allotments Society has a new website that we're all very proud of.  The site can be found here:

www.hayfieldallotments.org
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 20:54:55 by Admin aka Dan »
It'll be better next year

betula

• Hectare
Re: Our web site
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 13:43:59 »
Nice web site.

I do not live in your area so have no axe to grind but why no shed or greenhouse allowed?an essential part of Lottie life to me.

How do you store things or get out of the rain?

I don't like sanitised allotments. :(

twinkletoes

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 13:50:09 »
love the site fbgrifter. Well done. Only just got a newsletter up and running at our allotments so will have to work on a website for the future.  ;D
twinkletoes

keir

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 14:48:02 »
Nice web site.

I do not live in your area so have no axe to grind but why no shed or greenhouse allowed?an essential part of Lottie life to me.

How do you store things or get out of the rain?

I don't like sanitised allotments. :(

Hi - I'm Keir, the guy who put together the Hayfield Allotments website.

The rules for no glass and no structure above chest height were laid down by the Parish Council, probably because we're in a conservation area (the centre of Hayfield isn't in the Peak District National Park but virtually all the rest of the area is). The site was moved from its old location when a bypass was built in the 80s and I think the Parish Council took the opportunity then to lay down new rules.

I agree that they're restrictive but rules are rules... We have a large shared shed to store tools in, although some (like me) have small tool stores of some kind (mine is a box that forms a nice bench to sit on). Ironically the Parish Council recently inspected the site and ordered us all to put our tools away for safety... yet we're not allowed to have our own sheds :(

Incidentally, if anybody would like to link to our site then feel free. If anybody would like to know "how I did it" then just ask -- it's all pretty easy (although a modest knowledge of HTML is needed), and only took a few hours to throw together. Our site layout template is "open source", so I'm under an obligation to share if it anybody wants it.

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 01:36:25 »
we visited another site recently.took a few mins to ralise what was so different...they too arent allowed sheds or even greenhouses as its close to a school ,john lennons old school no less.....leaves me begging the question,where do the ladies wee...sorry to lower the tone! not to mention boiling the kettle!!!
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

keir

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 11:32:36 »
We built a dirt closet toilet primarily for the ladies but had to take it down because it needed planning permission. Current plans are to hive off part of the communal shed for the purpose. Wise ladies go before they leave the house ...  ;)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 17:29:44 »
hiya, keir, welcome to the site..we'd like one of those, just need somewhere to put it  ;D
difficult to go before leaving the house when you're on the plot all day  ;D

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 20:19:52 »
thanks keir,i am indeed a wise lady,and do go before leaving,but as we are usually  at the lottie for 6/7/8 hoursmeven i cannot stand cross legged for that long!!!!!
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 20:43:49 »
We've had a portaloo type bog installed by the Council; I wouldn't waste good manure myself, but it's useful for visitors.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal