Author Topic: Scaredy Cat Coleus Canina  (Read 7876 times)

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Scaredy Cat Coleus Canina
« on: April 04, 2008, 11:27:03 »
Does anyone have any cuttings or young rooted sections to spare please?  I have young Pheasant Grass plants (Stipa Arundinacea) or loads of different seeds to give.  Thanks!

Pookledo

• Quarter Acre
Re: Scaredy Cat Coleus Canina
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 07:41:08 »
If you get any, I'd love to hear how you get on. Someone recommended it to me recently.

floraldi

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 17:44:52 »
I had lots of cuttings last year. It seemed to grow quickly and I kept it in the greenhouse.   It was only last week I realised it had disappeared so I assume it is very tender and died in my cool potting shed. It certainly has a horrible smell. Therefore, sorry can't help. 

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 18:51:21 »
saw it in the Garden Centre today. It had a big label with an annoyed cat and what looked like "P!ss off!" in Dutch

springbok

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 21:58:35 »
Does this plant work, as I have a major problem with cats.... I HATE THEM!!!!... esp when they do it all over my lawn and my son is still crawling.
Have to clear thier mess up before I can let the kids in the garden.  Last count I had 9 neighbouring cats using my garden :( :( :( :( :'( :'( :'(

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 23:40:11 »
I'm willing to try anything.  The next door neighbour and the next again have chosen to have cats but no choice for me.  Being good cats, thay don't mess around their own homes.  I'm sick of scooping up piles of foul cat s**t.  And having to cover newly sown seeds with prickly stuff.

I've found crushed mothballs work quite well as a deterrant but you have to keep re-applying and the garden doesn't smell nice, although it's better than cat wee.  I've just got a water pistol and that also seems to work well, but only when you catch them.  You have my sympathy with your little one crawling around.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 23:57:30 »
GARDEN CENTRES SELL A GOOD CAT DETERANT CALLED RENEDINE, FOLLOW INSTUCTIONS CAREFULLY DO NOT GET IT ON PLANTS OR SOIL.
GOOD LUCK GETTING RID OF THE HORRIBLE CRITTERS.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal