Author Topic: I'm moving!!!!!!  (Read 1926 times)

greenfinger

• Not So New ...
I'm moving!!!!!!
« on: April 03, 2008, 13:40:51 »
Just got my allotment in january and we've done the hard work BUT now OH got a job down south, we're moving in 3 months!!!
I don't know what to do with my 1/2 plot now, plant stuff anyway and have someone take it over and buy green house off us (£40).
anyone interested? it's in leeds near harehills.

we're moving to guildford in september, anyone needs help in their plot?

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Re: I'm moving!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 14:19:58 »
I have the same concerns when we were looking to move and in the end we decided not to continue with the sale.

If you have paid for the year the plots your till the end of the year.

You need to consider either finding a new house with a big enough garden to be able to plant veggies in the back or to sign up for an allotment near where your moving to http://www.guildfordallotments.co.uk/sites.asp.

Plant stuff thats low maintance and then go back to harvest and move plants to a new allotment or your back garden. If you dont think you can find another lotty for a year then consider what you can plant in pots this will allow you to save most of your fruit plants etc and you can collect these later in the year.

As for your greenhouse if its worth saving (ie new) then move it down to the new place and stick it in the garage or sell it and just pick up a new one when you get a new lotty.

greenfinger

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 11:41:26 »
I think i might keep stuff in pots and move them with us.
thanks anyhow :D

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 12:24:28 »
I think it was MickW in Doncaster who's been looking for a greenhouse for ages- why not send him a pm? Might be interested myself - how big is it?

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal