Author Topic: The Site I'm At. Tilbury Essex  (Read 2067 times)

Powderfan

• Not So New ...
The Site I'm At. Tilbury Essex
« on: April 01, 2008, 10:03:30 »
Hi Guys and Gals

Last year when I first got the idea of taking on an allotment and growing my own I struggled to find a site locally that did not have a massive waiting list etc.  I'm sure this is the same nationwide.  Eventually I did find a site and I love it.  Only a couple of miles from home, with friendly plot holders, although eccentric and grumpy old men some times but generally good natured people willing to help out a novice. 

People on here looking for sites in this area will be glad to know there is no waiting list as there are many spare plots ready for use.  See the web site for details.

http://myosotis.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/files/allotment.htm

I took on my plot in late June last year and managed by the end of the year to have half the plot dug over and planted sweetcorn, butternut squashes, swedes radishes and spring onions.  The corn was great, the squashes grew well but ran out of season to ripen fully and the root veg did well.

This year is my first full season so its action stations and grow grow grow.  I now have a shed and a greenhouse, the whole plot is dug and rotovated and I have made two raised beds.  My spuds are in and the earlys have just broken the surface.  My two rubarb plants are doing ok although my strawberries don't seem to have done a lot yet (lets hope their roots are now well developed as they were planted in september last year).  My broad beans are looking strong and the garlic looks ok at the moment.  I have many seeds growing in cells and pots and hope to get more work done this weekend if the weather holds.  I will post some pictures of my plot when I have them.

Can someone please point me towards the correct forum to post my plot updates as I'm sure this is not the right one although the initial thread was regarding spare plots.

If anyone wants a plot email Jack Doodes.  PS if you do, don't take the plot next door to mine as I am thinking I might take that on next season if I really get into this growing lark.

Michael

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal