Author Topic: finished my raised beds and cleared all the site!!  (Read 913 times)

bluehousehill

• Quarter Acre
finished my raised beds and cleared all the site!!
« on: March 31, 2008, 18:14:47 »
I have finally cleared all the ground finished my raised beds and made a path and have a potting shed. I am so excited about it. I looked up at it last night as I cleared away and thought it actually looked like an allotment. The old boy next door even gave me a smile which was a new one on me... he also told me about how he caught a rat! All I have to do now is get some seeds in!lol feel a bit nervous as I now think the easy part was digging... anyone can do that Ive never planted anything in my life. 
Ní hé lá na gaoithe lá na scolb.
A windy day is not the day to be fixing your thatch (roof).

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: finished my raised beds and cleared all the site!!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 18:34:25 »
Well done, hope you get lots of enjoyment from your allotment.

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 19:24:01 »
Well done - in time for the planting season too :)

PS but we do expect photos because we're a nosy bunch take a polite interest in others' allotments

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 20:15:06 »
wow i have had an allotment for 2 years and i have not managed that yet!!

bluehousehill

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 20:16:55 »
Hi barnowl Im so proud of it Im defn going to take photos. when I told the missus im going to take some pics she gave me one of her looks... I dont think she has caught the bug yet but Im sure she will. It was supposed to be a family project but due to the weather its only been me... I think it might stay that way but I absolutly love it I never knew how good it was to be outside getting it all together. I am a bit worried about planting the seeds though.Cheers

bluehousehill

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 20:23:05 »
Mine is at the end of our garden.. the shed was run down but already there and its not as big as some of the ones I have seen on here but still Im well proud of it and being a townie who has moved out into the sticks where the next door neighbour has been watching me with an amused eye I feel pretty chuffed. I have spent nerly all of March doing it pretty full time as I had loads of annual leave from work. personally Ive found like everything Ive every had a go at if I put the graft in I get the results

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 20:31:51 »
you'll love it when the seeds show their heads above ground  ;D
one piece of advice I was given..plants want to grow..you just have to help them do it  :)

bluehousehill

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 20:40:19 »
Thanks for that manics I will defn take that advice on. I want to say thanks for all your advice it really did help me out when I was digging over and popping in for a cuppa reading the posts.  I will get out there and start planting. Sad thing is Im back to work full time this week but now the nights are lighter I can have go.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal