Author Topic: Bowing out  (Read 17863 times)

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
Re:Bowing out
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2004, 17:24:15 »
Its sad to think that by now we have most likly lost Merv.
A man who touched our hearts so brave to tell us all his problem. I hope the end was peacefull for him.
I wish him what I wished for my mum:
A large garden upstairs where they can grow all the plants they like for free.
Cyber hugs Merv

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2004, 17:49:08 »
Only just seen this post  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(. Wish there was something I could do to make a difference.
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2004, 18:07:10 »
Jesseveve and all

The local hospice is normaly the last resting place and some patience have no family befriend someone inside if your strong enough.
Or get your lottie sec to do a bring and buy sale of lottie goods etc and raise some funds for your local hospice every little helps.
Our hospice you can buy a light bulb on there Christmas tree each year I get two all helps.
Go and see what they need even if you end up fundraising.

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2004, 18:17:43 »
Thanks Teresa, I don't know if I'm strong enough to be there to support someone but I plan to phone my local hospice tomorrow to see if there is some other way I can help, like you say fund raising or something. Thanks.

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2004, 22:29:32 »
Yes,Teresa is right - there are many other ways in which to support your local hospice. Not everyone, for whatever reasons, cannot actually, physically or emotionally get to or attend a hospice.

For years, my own dear Mum used to make pretty cards and other little needlework items 'til her failing sight made this impossible, then would organise sales in the sheltered housing scheme she still lives in now in Chelmsford. Also, both my parents (altho I've just lost my dear Dad), my brother & I all contribute towards a weekly 'lottery' Farliegh Hospice run by them to help raise more funds and every Christmas I sell raffle tickets.

Wherever dear Merv is, let's hope & pray he's surrounded by love.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2004, 23:03:41 »
Sleep in heavenly peace Merv,awake in gods garden of peace and beauty. :'( :'(

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2004, 23:39:31 »
Rosebud, what beautiful words,
Hot potato, nice to know what others do to help I wish I could go inside and support but would end up in tears like when father in law was in one for his finial days.
Jesserve, good luck for tomorrow let us know how you get on.
If we all do a little something in the memory of Merv who touch so many of us here. His passing something good will come of it.

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2004, 11:39:39 »
Well I phoned my local Hospice yesterday and after speaking with them for a while it seems the best way I can help is to make donations, I would not be able to volunteer time (for example working in their charity shop) because I don't have regular hours and days that I can commit to. So I have decided that I'm going to get together all my gardening stuff that I no longer use, seeds, tools, books etc. and any gardening bits that I can scrounge from family and friends and sell them on ebay. The money I make from the sale of these things I'm going to donate to my local Hospice. If I manage to raise some money this way then I may have a sale on Ebay once a year. What do you think?

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2004, 12:23:20 »
Jesseveve thats great,
Do check with ebay they do charity auctions and you can regester as a charity seller may be the fees will be free?
also state in the add that all funds go to a local hospice may be in you members profile?
I am sure many here will send you seeds I for one
pm me you address

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2004, 23:29:21 »
What a guy, took time to reply to us...

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal