Author Topic: Lose weight with us here!!!  (Read 43990 times)

Paulines7

• Hectare
Re: Lose weight with us here!!!
« Reply #240 on: May 06, 2008, 09:24:47 »
Well done Kathi and everyone else who has lost some weight.   ;D

I weighed myself this morning and the total I have lost since returning from holiday three weeks ago is 4½ lbs.  I haven't been following a diet but just trying to cut down.  I have also been working very hard in the garden.   :D

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #241 on: May 06, 2008, 13:04:24 »
I've put on weight again, a pound and a half  :-\ On the other hand, I have eaten out four times (!) this week so it's sort of good news that I didn't put on any more?  :)
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #242 on: May 06, 2008, 13:11:15 »
ok i kind of fell of the wagon for a while but safely back on again and starting today,  ;D

Bionic Wellies

• Acre
  • That many spuds !
« Reply #243 on: May 06, 2008, 14:28:59 »
good day y'all

Never ever ever EVER thought that I would participate in any form of diet/weight loss regime, always thought that if you eat less and do more it's bound to come off, what's the problem - just goes to show how little I know.

I think/thought that my diet (apart form beer and chocolate - in quantities that I am not willing to discuss) together with  the amount of exercise that I do (besides digging) meant that I wasn't going to put any weight on - that was 2st ago.

So, since christmas we (wife and I) have been more reflective on the amount we eat, we have joined the gym (and go 2-3 time per week), I have cut out lunch time beers, started to learn ball-room dancing and still do the digging etc - and so far exactly 0 lbs have been lost - although my clothes fit a little better than before and I definitely have more life in me (these are worth it  without the weight loss).  Apart from lopping a leg off I couldn't see any way of losing weight - until yesterday ....

I weigh myself a couple of times a week (I know - don't do that, but it's the first time (ever) that I have had access to a scale).  My weight swings back and forth by about 4 lbs - then yesterday it seems to have suddenly dropped by 7 lbs - just hoping that I have actually really lost a couple of pounds.

So, what I wanted to say was "good an yer all, and stick with it" - I never really realised just how hard losing weight was - even though loads of people had said it was.  But it's worth it.
Always look on the bright side of life

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #244 on: May 07, 2008, 18:20:49 »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7386405.stm

Thought that might give people a smile ;)

I am going to be joining slimming world in 2 weeks and the gym at the end of the month so i will be joining you soon hehe

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #245 on: May 07, 2008, 20:23:16 »
Does this mean my big bum is doing me good ??? ;D

cj :)

Ant

• Half Acre
« Reply #246 on: May 07, 2008, 21:24:39 »
As Sparklys other-half... I am also joining in  :)

Less puddings, more salad (or in my case - any salad). Already lost 3lb in 2 weeks, although thats probably helped by lots of work on the plot.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #247 on: May 07, 2008, 22:14:58 »
Well done Ant. Keep digging ;D

Ant

• Half Acre
« Reply #248 on: May 07, 2008, 23:13:53 »
Well done Ant. Keep digging ;D

I need to lose 40lb, so if I do keep digging I reckon I'll strike oil  ;D

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #249 on: May 08, 2008, 07:10:20 »
If you run out of lottie, I'm sure there are a few people on A4A who would kindly let you have a go on theirs ;D ;D ;D

Have you worked out a' pounds per square meter' rate? That way, you would know how much land you have to dig to get to your ideal weight ;D ;D ;D

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #250 on: May 08, 2008, 13:28:23 »
I'll generously and self-sacrificingly allow you to dig on mine, even if it sets my weight loss back  ;D
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #251 on: May 08, 2008, 19:52:18 »
Hi, just popping in to say hello and well done, I have lost a little more since the beginning but not any mind boggling amount,plodding on..

continued good luck to you all!!

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #252 on: May 09, 2008, 12:32:52 »
Welcome back jeannine :D
I have managed to lose 2 more lb this week making it 32lb in all ;D soon be time to do some clothes shopping 8)
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

wilko

• Acre
  • Crowle
« Reply #253 on: May 09, 2008, 21:23:42 »
 :) well done one and all, I lost another 2 lbs this week, making a total of 1 stone and half a pound in a month, no body has noticed yet though  :-\ ah well !
Life is to short !!!

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #254 on: May 11, 2008, 07:51:01 »
Had lost 6 lb, but went away for 24hrs and ate too much :-[ Scales saying I put on 2lb, but I hope most of that is just bulk from the extra food and will disappear soon......hoping ::)

theothermarg : one of the perks of weight loss , eh? ;D ;D ;D

Wilko : Over a stone and no one has noticed! :o I bet you can tell though. No more breathing in to do up your trousers ;D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #255 on: May 12, 2008, 00:06:20 »
Weight watchers tomorrow and I am fearing the worse having spent a long weekend in North Devon and then having a big ole family BBQ today. Oh well, back on the straight and narrow tomorrow, you do only live once after all.

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #256 on: May 12, 2008, 09:09:04 »
Hi everyone, a big hello to all the new people  ;D
Sorry I havent posted in awhile but things went seriously wrong with the low carb diet approach & my body  ::)
I was loving the quick weight loss & finding it easy to stick to until I started to have awful pains in my abdomen  :o I ended up at the hospital because my doctor thought I needed an emergency op to remove my appendix....to cut a long story short it turns out that my gall bladder was really not coping with the fat content of the low carb way of eating & I had a 4 day stay in hospital waiting for it to calm down enough for the surgeons NOT to remove it  :o
I still may have to have it removed if it flares up again but hopefully if I stick to the restrictive & low fat way of eating suggested by the surgeons it will recover fully.
So their really is some truth in the concerns about low carb/high fat diets being seriously dangerous for your body. 
And all the weight I had lost came flying back on as soon as I stopped eating the low carb way  :-\ so it is back to the drawing board for me on the weightloss front. 

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #257 on: May 12, 2008, 11:35:39 »
Hi crystalmoon! sorry you have been unwell but thanks for the warning :o
I have tried the atkins but couldn,t stand the fat,felt unwell at such low carbs and put all the weight straight back on
what did the doctor say about eating white carbs? I would have thought that it was good cutting them down or at least replacing them with wholegrain ones :-\
of course we all have different dietary need and you have just found out the hard way that your bod doesn,t like fat. I know if I get really bad tempered it is usually because I have not ate enough carbs the day before
it looks like you will be on healthy eating from now on and this time I expect it will come off slowly and stay off
take care marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #258 on: May 12, 2008, 11:38:08 »
Oh no! Poor you. Hope you're feeling better.

If you do decide to try again, try the GI thingy by Jennie Brand Miller. Developed for diabetics so it's safe and low fat. But I wouldn't blame you if you hid in a corner and shrieked every time  you heard the word diet.

All the best  :-\

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #259 on: May 12, 2008, 21:01:15 »
Crystal Moon hope you get better soon and sorry to hear about the bad effects of the low carb diet.

I am on weightwatchers (or fatfighters for anyone who has watched little Briatain)  and put on 1 lb this week and really can't understand it. I have tracked and only eaten my points and whats more as the weather was good have been at the lottie everyday after work either doing hard physical graft in clearing the old raspberry bed, or hoeing and planting out.

Ah well will persevere - perhaps its a blip on the scales  ::).

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal