Author Topic: Lose weight with us here!!!  (Read 43994 times)

carolinej

• Hectare
Re: Lose weight with us here!!!
« Reply #220 on: April 29, 2008, 07:00:56 »
Bupster, well done.

Suzanne, cheese is FAR too nice, eh?  ;D I love it too, along with peanuts, which I once heard were the biggest waste of calories in the whole food world :-\ Why is all the nice stuff fattening ::)

Got on the scales this morning and was dead chuffed with 10st 1. So I've lost 3 pounds.

I am exercising like mad, never sitting still though. Also I am eating loads of salad. It's one I invented, and have named 'Mampango'. Its lots of salad leaf (I love lambs lettuce) onion, tomato, chopped up mango (tinned is cheaper though probably not so low cal) balsamic vinegar , salt, and a miniscule amount of feta cheese crumbled in it if I am feeling generous. Mmmm :P. Keeps me going when I get the munchies ;D

cj :)

pg

• Acre
    • Freelance wine writer
« Reply #221 on: April 29, 2008, 09:41:51 »
I think CJ, possibly the best way to think of it is as a lifestyle change rather than a diet, a diet implies a temporary change whilst you get your weight down and then a return to "normality" once you have.  If you make a lifestyle change, you're simply changing the way you view and eat food, nothing to succeed or fail at, just change for the better.  :)

I've found the tick-box visuals of the Healthy Eating Pyramid really useful:

http://www.healthyeatingclub.com/your-health/HECpyramid/index.htm

Ignore the naff looking website address, the pyramid lets you work out if you're eating the recommended weekly portions of meat, veg, dairy etc and is based on work done by the Australian government. I haven't found anything so easy to use and useful from UK agencies.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #222 on: April 29, 2008, 18:01:07 »
Only lost a pound this week and was hoping for a little more, but having a weekend with mum is always tricky.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #223 on: April 29, 2008, 19:55:57 »
pg, the pyramid looks interesting. I've had a quick look, and will look closer later.

EJ , a pound is still good. That's 2 small packs of butter less to fit into your clothes ;D

I found this on the internet

http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/natural-weight-loss-food-olive-oil-ga.htm

Has anyone tried olive oil as a help to weight loss? Sounds a bit too good to be true ::)

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #224 on: April 29, 2008, 22:07:48 »
I also lost two small packs of butter this week!  :D For ridiculous reasons attached to when new year fell this year I weigh myself on Tuesdays at 6:30 am. Nice people at Tesco diets keep telling me that losing 1-2lb per week is the most sustainable rate of weight loss so I'm trying not to be cross with myself for stuffing myself stupid at the Real Food Festival on Saturday  ;)

Has anyone tried olive oil as a help to weight loss? Sounds a bit too good to be true ::)

All my diet recipes substitute olive oil for pretty much everything. I love the flavour and have learned to do without butter (though I miss it) and other fats. Not sure about the "lite" versions. Interesting about the "smoking" part though.
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #225 on: May 02, 2008, 17:09:17 »
I am bumping this one up by reporting another lb gone , come on every one ,is no-one losing any more weight and where is jeannine?
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #226 on: May 02, 2008, 21:51:50 »
I had a three course meal last night and went for pie at lunch today so suspect this is not going to be a good week for me...
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #227 on: May 02, 2008, 22:11:18 »
This week is gonna be bad for me too Bupster.  Been picking all week, not been to the gym, only dashed up lottie to pile some stuff on compost heap.  And the next week isn't going to be much better I suspect.

And yes, where is Jeannine? Not seen her posting for a few days.  Hope you're ok hun?
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #228 on: May 02, 2008, 22:23:48 »
I am only a few ounces off 10 stone now ;D I have lost nearly 4 lb.

I had a lovely surprise yesterday, when I had to go to the next hole in my belt. I didnt expect that wilh such little weight loss. Every time I do my belt up, it gives me a little lift ;D

I think I read on another thread that Jeannine will be away for a while. I havent had a reply to the pm I sent her, so perhaps she hasnt got access to a computer at the mo.

I wonder how many packs of butter we have all lost since this thread started. I have lost 7. Come on, add yours to the total and let us know. It will be interesting to see.

wilko

• Acre
  • Crowle
« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2008, 22:32:42 »
 :)hi all,
 didn't report last week but I lost 2 and a half lb

and today lost a further 3 and a half, that's 12 and a half in 3 weeks  ;D ;D

hope to get my stone award next week,

i think I've got a lot more too lose than all of you, but reading your posts every day inspires me.

hope your OK Jeannine, xxx
Life is to short !!!

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #230 on: May 02, 2008, 23:00:24 »
Well done Wilko and CJ!!! Once these d**n essays are out of the way I can refocus hopefully, but just no time to do anything but write, read and write some more!  :'( :'(
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #231 on: May 02, 2008, 23:09:38 »
Wow wilko! You are doing well. Congratulations.

With your 25 packs of butter gone, that's 32 between us. Anyone else got some to add?

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #232 on: May 04, 2008, 20:12:33 »
I am joining in! Have joined the gym and am watching what I eat. Swam a mile today!

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #233 on: May 04, 2008, 20:18:45 »
You swam a mile!

Puts me to shame ;D

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #234 on: May 05, 2008, 10:18:29 »
Just done my weigh in for the week, I'm losing weight again, after 3 weeks of not losing (but not gaining either)!

Now lost 14.5lbs in total, in 10 weeks  ;D

And can get into clothes which I bought a year ago, and have never worn  ;D

And I've had to adjust my belt, and put in new holes - by 4.5 inches!!!!!  ;D

So happy, there's still a long way to go, but what I'm doing seems to be working, and is not too difficult to maintain

Kathi
Kathi :-)

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #235 on: May 05, 2008, 12:55:53 »
Well done, Kathi. ;D

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #236 on: May 05, 2008, 13:00:10 »
Well done Kathi, that is really good going!

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #237 on: May 05, 2008, 14:00:12 »
Thanks, I'm quite pleased with myself - but still a long way to go

Kathi :D
Kathi :-)

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #238 on: May 06, 2008, 01:07:43 »
Weighed in today and hae lost 2lbs - so just half a pound short of half a stone so far (like talking in stones even if it is fractions as it sounds more  ::) ) But goodness I am tired today - 2lbs due to a full 7 hour stint on lottie on Saturday, full house clean yesterday and then 6 hours to completely spring clean conservatory plus 2 hours dgging on lottie again today.

As usual celebrated with the usual glass of plonk and choose white this time so it couldn't lead onto cheese.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #239 on: May 06, 2008, 06:46:58 »
Well done Suzanne!

Exercise certainly seems to be a key factor in loosing weight with me too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal