Author Topic: Lose weight with us here!!!  (Read 43992 times)

greenfinger

• Not So New ...
Re: Lose weight with us here!!!
« Reply #200 on: April 22, 2008, 11:50:03 »
been doing the nell mcandrew DVD "ultimate challenge" twice a week. it's the second week and still no change in weight but feel firmer. or maybe i just stopped putting weight  on. ::)

DVD really hard work but you feel good when you stop, a proper workout!

i'll let you know of my progress in the next few weeks.

wilko

• Acre
  • Crowle
« Reply #201 on: April 22, 2008, 11:58:25 »
[quotLost a rubbish half a pounde][/quote] that's not to be sniffed at, ;)
do you know what half a pound of fat looks like..... yuk!!  :o  could be a whole 'love handle'  ;D

keep it up  ;)
Life is to short !!!

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #202 on: April 22, 2008, 13:12:33 »
Second weigh in last night and 1.5 lbs lost - making 5lbs in total since starting. I want to have lost half a stone by May Day. Had a celebratory glass of red last night - lovely :D

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #203 on: April 23, 2008, 09:37:28 »
Hope everyone is feeling encouraged by their weightloss  ;)
Im mega happy today...jumped on the scales & have lost 3lbs in 3 days on a lowish carb diet (no where near as strict as Atkins just cutting out bread,pasta, chocolate, cake, breakfast cereals etc). I even had strawberries & clotted cream every single day  ;D
I know the weightloss is mostly water at this stage but I am just overjoyed to see the  scales moving in the right direction.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #204 on: April 23, 2008, 16:36:02 »
well done Crystalmoon I think that is is the right way to go I even have a small pie and oven chips  I find filling the plate ½ full with veg or salad makes you feel as if you have ate a lot I,m losing a couple of lb a week and feel as if I can go and on just by cutting out some things and cutting down on others
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #205 on: April 23, 2008, 19:22:29 »
Thanks for the encouragement Marg, good to hear Im not the only one having the odd indulgence  ;)
Knowing that I have allowed myself strawberries & cream is really helping me to not feel deprived so Im not craving all the stuff Ive cut out. When following diets strictly in the past I always end up feeling deprived...when that happens I always fall off the wagon & overeat in a big way :-[

Hope everyone is having a great day   

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #206 on: April 23, 2008, 22:59:28 »
Well done everyone. Just be careful if you're going the low-carb way, as you may be accidentally training your metabolism to burn them slower as it gets used to not getting enough - meaning that you could put some of the weight back on if you stop dieting. Have you thought of maybe swapping some of the carbs for low-GI ones? So cutting out cake good, but instead of abandoning all carbs, maybe swap spuds for pasta or basmati rice? Low GI carbs like these will burn off much slower so keeping you full for longer.

This would be much more credible if I hadn't eaten nearly an entire pack of smarties this afternoon. Plonker.  :-\
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #207 on: April 23, 2008, 23:08:46 »
Now i am back from Denmark for 2 weeks i have decided to be good and healthy and join in with you guys as much as i can. Today i even joined a gym, which is 10 min from house which means that i can do the aqua arobics twice a week and i am hoping the steam will help with my back.

hugs to all

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #208 on: April 24, 2008, 21:42:08 »
Well, I have been reading this thread and admiring you all. I was too scared to commit myself, after years of failed diets.

I had results of blood tests back today, and I have high cholestrol and high sugar readings. I have to have them checked again in 2 weeks, but it has made me think. I was 6stone 12 when I married. 4 Kids later , I am about 10 and half stone.

So I have decided to bite the bullet and try to get the weight down, as it is a factor in type 2 diabetes. I am sat here with a glass of fizzy water instead of supper, and already panicking at the thought of failling again. So I thought a bit of comeraderie would help boost my determination.

I'll get a more accurate weight in the morning.

I have got a book from the library which looks at why we eat and why so much. Hopefully that will help a bit. One bit of advice I will try to follow is to taste and enjoy every mouthful, rather than not notice eating.

cj :)

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #209 on: April 25, 2008, 07:06:34 »
Ok checked this morning . 10 stone 4 oz.

2 stone off would be great.

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #210 on: April 25, 2008, 08:19:40 »
I think CJ, possibly the best way to think of it is as a lifestyle change rather than a diet, a diet implies a temporary change whilst you get your weight down and then a return to "normality" once you have.  If you make a lifestyle change, you're simply changing the way you view and eat food, nothing to succeed or fail at, just change for the better.  :)

We're all with you, I just weighed myself and I've put a pound on! Grrrr - oh well, extra 5 minutes on the cross trainer for me today!  :(
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #211 on: April 25, 2008, 09:33:47 »
the three pound i lost last week i have gained again this week. grrrrr. i am not doing so good.  :'(

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #212 on: April 25, 2008, 10:11:38 »
Hi everyone  ;D
Sarah & Posie I know how frustrating that is to regain the loss. Have you taken measurements of key body areas such as waist, hips, thighs?
Often even when I seem to regaining pounds I am still losing inches... ;)

Hi Bupster yes im pretty sure that the downfall of low carbing is that if you go back to the carbs you've been avoiding the weight piles back on. I am approaching the low carb eating as a lifestyle change rather than a diet & have decided to give up all white carbs for good (pasta, rice, sugar, flours, etc). Im just not thinking of them as acceptable foods anymore. Ive never liked fizzy drinks like cola because they are so manufactured so Im mentally adding the white overly processed carbs to that category of 'unreal foods'. Im hoping that with time not eating these things will just seem normal to me  ;)   

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #213 on: April 25, 2008, 13:33:14 »
Posie, I agree. It has to be a total lifestyle change. Proof is how heavy I am after so many diets. A friend of mine says that dieting makes you fat, as every time she stops, she gets bigger than before.

I am thinking of working on a "I never eat.......list" eg, butter ;D

Crystalmoon, I think I will take a few measurements. Good idea.

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #214 on: April 25, 2008, 16:18:53 »
Chrystalmoon, my gym has taken my measurements as part of my "tracker" they do every six weeks and after the 40 sec double dip session this morning they had d**n well better have shrunk!!! lol  ;D
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #215 on: April 25, 2008, 21:20:20 »
Got a fitness assessment and measurement thing on Sunday. Which would be great, as I went for a run today as well as spending hours on the allotment, but tomorrow I'm going to the real food festival at Earls Court and am booked into two cheese and wine tastings! Oh well, back to the grindstone.

Crystalmoon, I think you're probably doing exactly the right thing - only don't throw out the pasta yet. In GI tests for diabetic diets, white bread and jacket spuds were the absolute worst, and jasmine rice, but pasta and basmati rice, and to some extent brown rice, were ok. Your body needs carbohydrate for a healthy metabolism so maybe just get rid of the highly processed stuff and watch portion sizes? I know the latter is my downfall as I really love food, and if there's something I enjoy I eat loads of it. Hoping to do what you're doing and make a lifestyle change - have given up butter more or less for good, for example. However, no point banning stuff or I'll feel deprived, so I sometimes have butter and white bread if out to dinner.

Listen to me banging on. Well done everyone was what I meant to say.
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #216 on: April 25, 2008, 21:38:57 »
Have lost another lb this week, making 29lb this year ;D I have a feeling it might be slower to go now but I am feeling positive
I have noticed that if I cut carbs too low I feel very bad tempered the next day
I have found the only way for me to not overeat on bread is to not eat any at all, eating too much bloats me out anyway but I do eat crispbreads,rice and potatoes even in the form of ovenchips and as a treat ,a pie once a week  :o
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #217 on: April 25, 2008, 23:34:26 »
29 lb. Well done!And its only april ;D

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #218 on: April 27, 2008, 21:15:39 »
Went for fitness assessment today - I am much fitter than I was, and my lung capacity is well above average (not bad given that I smoked for 16 years!) but I'm actually bigger than I was before - though half a stone lighter than the last measurement! I thought I'd be the same but skinnier, but this fitness thing means I'm actually changing shape all over the place. Very odd - but quite exciting.  :D

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #219 on: April 29, 2008, 04:53:36 »
Stayed the same this week- so will have to try really hard to reach my first target next Monday. I think that celebratory glass of red last week did it - or the fatal blunder of stocking cheese in the fridge again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal