Author Topic: Lose weight with us here!!!  (Read 43993 times)

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
Re: Lose weight with us here!!!
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2008, 18:43:48 »
Blown it! Peeing it down here so stuck in Malaga away from home   :( 3 nights away from home feeling blue! what do I do! put a dvd on and pig out on licorice and wine! Back on track tomorrow!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2008, 22:48:01 »
Had keep fit last night and am aching today.  Had a delish tea of thai crab cakes, baked not fried, with mixed leaf salad and a rhubarb tart made with filo pastry for dessert, only 4 points for the entire meal and as I can have 22 a day, that was a low point dinner!  For the next 2 weeks though I am on the summer kick start where I limit myself to 18 points a day, which is quite a struggle as I have 3 a day on milk before I eat a thing.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2008, 23:07:14 »
Hi folks, well Biscombe I see you have a weakness for licorice too, I just remebered I had a bag in the car..John retrieving it as we speak, that lovely soft Australian stuff.

Emma your meal sounded wonderful.

Today I had a lettuce and tomato sarnie, no butter or mayo and I have had a miso soup and 2 ryvita this evening..this is good at least I have had 2 meals today.

I know I am going to nibble the liccy though.

Crawled into work today, not good but much better than I could have hoped for.

I am very gradually inproving  I think

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2008, 11:35:06 »
Any improvement is better than nothing, Jeannine, well done.  :)

Went for a "run" last night, more like a stagger fast, stagger slow, stagger fast, stagger slow. Still, took me 30 mins and I must have run for about 10 minutes of that! No chocolate yet today and only three small glasses of wine last night. Much better...
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2008, 12:34:19 »
I missed my first weigh in after a weeks diet cos I was stuck in London for a couple of days on a conference - endless buffets which I valiantly ignored. Sme of the little canapes and stuff looked really nice though :'(

What I hadn't realised was that deciding against a starter and a dessert and just ordering a light main meal and a small class of wine when you are dining alone was such a problem for restaurants. The serving staff asked me a minimum of 6 times was I sure I didn't want anything else. I decided I either look like I am wasting away (not) or that I can eat all the pies (likely).  ;D

My scales say I have lost weight, but need confirmation. For some reason my scales always say I have lost more than the WW ones.

In the meantime - here is my WW meal for tonight

Chicken Tagiatelle with Lemon Saffron Sauce
150 g pasta, dried, tagliatelle & pinch saffron strands
1 portion stock cube, chicken, make up to 50ml with hot water
100 g low-fat soft cheese
3 teaspoon lemon(s), zest, finely grated (use 1 small lemon)
200 g roast chicken, skinless and boneless, torn into pieces
50 g petits pois, or garden peas, thawed if frozen
1 pinch salt, and freshly ground black pepper
4 large leaf basil, to garnish
Instructions
Put saffron strands into a bowl and add 3 tablespoons boiling water. Leave to infuse for 10 minutes. Cook tagliatelle in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes, or according to pack instructions.

Meanwhile, heat chicken stock and low fat soft cheese in a small saucepan, whisking until smooth. Stir in lemon zest, then the saffron and its liquid.

Drain tagliatelle and return it to the saucepan. Add sauce, chicken and peas. Stir gently to heat through for 1-2 minutes, then serve, garnished with basil leaves.

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2008, 12:35:50 »
Oh should have said the recipe serves 2 and is 7.5 points. Serve with a salad and fat free dressing for no extra points.  :)

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2008, 12:42:30 »
Went for a "run" last night, more like a stagger fast, stagger slow, stagger fast, stagger slow.

Sounds just like my training runs lol

I'm doing terrible, 'forgot' I was trying to lose weight when I saw Warburton's crumpets on a BOGOF deal.  Hey ho, back on it tomorrow now that I've eaten them all!  :D
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

jesssands

• Acre
« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2008, 13:45:22 »
Well I'd like to be in too.

I once weighed 12st after giving up smoking.

I went through a crisis in life, started smoking again and basically ate nothing much and drank like a fish. I lost 3.5 st, in 6 months.
Being 5'6 and 8.5 st I was looking a lil bit sick! I could easily see how people fell into the anorexia trap, cos once I'd gone so long with out, I wasn't bothered by it and wasn't hungry anymore.

Got my life back on track and was eating properly again , managed to give up smoking. I kept my weight off for many years. staying between 9 and 9.5st

Over the last few years it has started to creep up and now at 10st

I want to join you all cos there's no way I want to got back to being 12st.

I just ordered some new jeans and they are too tight  >:(
Gonna try and eat better and walk more. Says me who can't go out today, waiting for the cooker repairer to come.

I work shifts and last night replaced my sandwich for bran flakes (I quite like them so no punishment) My lunch break is 9.45pm so quite late.
For my earlier tea break I was having a muller rice and a banana. Now I'm going to have EITHER/OR not both.

My biggest problem now is drink, I like to have lots of wine and then get the munchies after. Also find the next day after a session I could eat a horse! So am going to not drink for a while or if I do it will be maybe just 3 or 4 few cans of lager on a saturday night only.

For dinner today I am having sausage and baked bean casserole.

pan fry sausages and take out the fat, set asside . Fry an onion in a tiny bit of oil. add garlic. meanwhile chop saus into lumps, put back in, then add a tin of tomatoes, tin of beans and an oxo. Serve with pasta or jacket spud.
Sometimes I make this but a hot spicy version.
Co op sauusages 6 in a pack, so 3 each is 450 cal..... hoping this is quite a good recipie

One last thing, I read sometime ago, think it was Pamela Anderson said: that when she felt like eating something she would clean her teeth. Then cos your mouth feels and nice and fresh and minty you don't want to eat anything.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2008, 13:53:01 »
That sounds nice but I would prick the sausage and grill them :)

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2008, 17:39:51 »

One last thing, I read sometime ago, think it was Pamela Anderson said: that when she felt like eating something she would clean her teeth. Then cos your mouth feels and nice and fresh and minty you don't want to eat anything.

I read that one too.  Another thing to do is to drink a glass of diet lemonade before you eat, the bubbles fill you up and stop you overeating.
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2008, 20:48:05 »
sometimes you think you are hungary when you are really thirsty, and need plain water this also works when you seem to run out of energy
I have decided that fizzy diet drinks are not good so have cut them out
wish I could ditch the strong, black (nonsweetened) coffee
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

kimbobill

• Half Acre
« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2008, 14:16:36 »
Fern Brittain was on radio 2 yesterday and her tip was to eat the same food but just less of it! She said it wasn't easy to start with but it seems to have worked for her

Good luck to you all ;)

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2008, 15:48:40 »
I have lost 4lb this week making it 2 stone since the begining of january
also bringing me 2lb below 12stone ;D
we went out and bought a new garden shed yesterday so have been busy taking down the home made one thats been there about 20years ( and no it didn,t come apart easily) people are noticing my wieght loss now which does me the world of good
I do hope this has encouraged others to stick at it :-*
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2008, 15:54:06 »
Weel done Marg, that is a really good job.

I am still hobbling along but I am walking a bit better so am hoping I will be able to stand long enough to cook properley soon.. meantime John and I are muddling though together.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2008, 16:43:33 »
Hi everyone Ive been doing ok on the high protein/low carb approach but Im really starting to crave fruit & veg & as they are definitely healthy options as far as Im concerned Im not going to stick with low carb any longer. It just seems abit mad to me to be avoiding really healthy food & it isnt the way I want to eat for the rest of my life. Im glad I had the few weeks of low carb so I could ditch my over indulgence of bad carbs like biscuits & chocolates  ;)
I really want to find an approach to eating that I can use for the rest of my life that also helps me reach the right body weight for me to be healthy, rather than a diet that I then 'come off' & susequently regain weight  ::)
Ive just read a really interesting little book by Susie Orbach called 'On Eating' & Im hoping it may be just what Im looking for. Basically you can eat whatever you like so you dont set up feelings of deprivation but you must only eat when truly hungry & stop as soon as you are full. There's alot of other useful stuff in the book too but that is the general idea.
Im starting with this approach from tomorrow. Wish me luck  ;D 

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2008, 11:01:14 »
Hi be careful with only eatinh when you are hungry, that is my downfall,I never seem to get hungry, I can exist on tea, so I don't eay regular meals, consequently my metabolism is slow and my body hangs on to every scrap it can.

The only way I can lose weight is to plan and eat 4 times a day  but I always am on the run,  I find it impossible to eat breakfast and  now  for about 2 years I have stopped eating lunch too. If I do, I feel sick and really awful, be careful you don't fall in to this trap.

My goal is to gradually re train myself to eat regularly.

It seems daft for someone who eats little to be overweight but it is true in my case.

XX Jeannine

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #156 on: April 13, 2008, 13:31:06 »
Thanks Jeannine for sharing this...I hadnt considered my metabolism slowing down but what you say makes sense as I gained most of my excess weight when I was in hospital & eating very little. I had always blamed my gain on not exercising but it was probably alot more to do with not eating!
I will aim to eat regularly instead & see how I go, but like you i will find it hard to want to eat full sized breakfasts & lunches.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #157 on: April 13, 2008, 15:27:53 »
I have just got back from a holiday in Cornwall and am now catching up with this thread.

I was sorry to read that you have been in a lot of pain Jeannine and hope that you have now sent it packing or should I say "seen the back of it".   ::) 

If it is any consolation about your weight gain, I have put on even more weight.   :( When I weighed myself this morning I had put on 3lbs over the week.  I must admit to drinking wine every evening and having a bottle of Irish Cream liqueur.  I had chocolate, nuts, raisins and snacks as well as two huge meals out.  I did chose the new potato option though instead of chips so that is probably why I haven't put on ten pounds! 

Holiday over, it's back to sensible eating now.  When is the first official "weigh in"?  The 15th seems to stick in my mind. 

Well done to all of you who have lost weight. 

I hope you are better now Jeannine.

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2008, 21:25:29 »
I can recommend the GI diet for balanced, gradual weight loss, and they do make you eat three times a day! You have to get the books by Dr Jennie Brand Miller though, she's one of the ones that developed it for diabetics so it's based on good science and isn't faddy. Lots of veg! Also a gradual approach to exercise and diet so you don't have to do everything at once.

I've done pretty rubbish this weekend, went away for a birthday bash and drank far too much (though didn't eat much). Weigh-in on Tuesday morning, suspect bad news... On the bright side, I bought a pair of size twelve jeans and they're slightly too big!

Glad you're getting a bit more mobility Jeannine, hope the pain is better.

For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2008, 22:26:45 »
Weight watchers tomorrow....am hoping for a 2Ib loss.  Spent 6 hours digging on the allotment today and had a healthy baked spud with lowfat philly and salad for supper so am still being boringly good.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal