Author Topic: Lose weight with us here!!!  (Read 43037 times)

carolinej

• Hectare
Re: Lose weight with us here!!!
« Reply #340 on: September 30, 2008, 21:28:37 »
Very oriental   ;D

cj :)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #341 on: September 30, 2008, 21:34:03 »
Jeannine is quite correct. White pudding usually contains pork and/or suet. I believe there is a version that substitutes vegetable fat for the animal fat which would therefore be classed as vegetarian but I've never eaten it myself so can't comment.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #342 on: September 30, 2008, 21:47:24 »
eeer could you stop talking about food please I,m struggling here  ??? too many slices of that cake and still a third of it left :'(
marg
got visions of you eating rum and raisin ice cream with haggis jeannine ;D
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #343 on: September 30, 2008, 21:55:15 »
Well that is a good picture Marg.. actually I don't like icecream,,that is Johns habit. I actually don't like sweet stuff at all, never have not even as a kid. I prefer fatty savouries.

But I will stop talking about food.. well, can I talk about losing weight food please?

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #344 on: October 01, 2008, 07:26:48 »
How about some recommendations for yummy low calorie food?

I love quorn .

My favorite way of eating it at the mo is to fry up some peppers and onions in a tiny bit of olive oil. Add the quorn, and then some fajita seasoning. Pop it in a brown pitta bread with salad.Mmmmm.

For a really low calorie cream, I put semi skimmed milk in a jug and froth it for ages with the steam jet. Scoop off the froth and use that. It doesnt stay frothed for long and isnt perfect, but is nice with fruit, sugar free jelly etc.

Come on then, lets get these suggestions coming in thick and fast to counteract Jeannines 'ice cream temptation' ;D

cj :)

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #345 on: October 01, 2008, 16:50:11 »
May I join?  It’s the male half of Melbourne12 here.  Once again my truly appalling lifestyle has caught up with me.  I work long hours and live in hotels during the week, so I get no exercise and it’s only too easy to have a couple of glasses of wine and eat high calorie food every night.

As a result, my weight has skyrocketed to 19 stone.  Not only that, but at a recent medical I was told off for high cholesterol.  So a bit of dieting is called for.  I started at the beginning of this week, two days ago.

As Timiano said early in this thread, it’s not difficult to keep track of energy input and output.  So with the help of my trusty spreadsheet, I’m trying to limit my intake to around 1800 kCals per day.  To my embarrassment, I’ve worked out that I must have been scoffing 3000 a day to get to the weight that I now am.  :-[

But even if I keep my intake at 1800 kCals a day, it’ll be March 2012 before I reach my target weight of ten and a half stone.  And even that would be considered on the verge of overweight by the quacks.  So rather a long haul, I fear.

Still, the journey of a thousand miles, and all that.  :)

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #346 on: October 01, 2008, 17:03:16 »
I have put on half a stone!   :(  I went to the hospital this morning to get the results of why my pulse is so low at times.  It seems I have a heart murmur and arrhythmia so have got to have a heart scan and then have a pace maker fitted.  I was told that this would probably help me to become more active and hopefully I should then lose some weight.   :D

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #347 on: October 01, 2008, 17:17:19 »
Really glad to hear they've got to the bottom of it Pauline. it looks like your health should be on the up and up now.

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #348 on: October 11, 2008, 15:14:43 »
Haven't been on here for ages, forum too depressing when I couldn't get to allotment, but I've been up today and pulled out some of the weeds, so I'm back to post!

I also managed to get into town today and tried on some jeans - one pair fit but they were a tiny bit loose, so I assumed they were the size twelve and took them off ready to try on the size 10 to discover that the pair I'd tried were the smaller size! I haven't been a size 10 since I was at college eight years ago. Dieting tip for today: Break your ankle.

Seriously, I've been more or less off the booze for most of the last four months, so even with the slightly dodgy diet (much choc) and little exercise, the weight's fallen off. I hadn't realised just how many empty calories there are in alcohol. I do now!
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal